Advice against Hoff(super)man ?

Aemaru

Hi !

Just played against Hoffman on public ennemy with Misaki.

Ended by a loss 5-6 ... I took a samurai, an archer, ototo, minako (her katashiro bring me 4 points of scheme ^^) and some other... He killed my samurai on first turn because i used ninja trainning and deployed him too close (he had howard on him very mobile and able to bring my samurai in his lines)

To summup : Hoffman looks good in almost every domain : Mobile/Armored/Big hitter/Healing but looks hand dependant and bubbleing to be most effective but can spread a little without any problem.

It was like I couldn't do anything against his models...

Do you have some tips ?

Thanks !

Hoffman is great. 

You want to be able to isolate his models. I don't know 10T well enough to talk about tech to do that. 

He doesn't like lots of ping damage, so a sacrificial Waynudo or a focused Dawn Serpent can splash a few stacks of burning across the bubble which will tax them more than you expect.

Distracted (10T Brother) stops the Emergency Transfer pushes which can help with isolating a target. Not worth bringing a model just for that I think, but it's worth considering. 

Not really a helpful answer, but you say you made an obvious mistake with your samurai to lose it first turn, and then you lost the game by  1 point. So based on what you say I don't know what help you actually need. 

The common answers are things like ways to bypass armour, be it conditions, analyse weakness, general armor ignorign attacks (Like the Daito).  I know Hoffman can make a models armour safe from those, but its taking Hoffman actions to do so, and in general I'll happily do an action with a model if it takes a Master action to counter it. 

They keyword also has some healing. Be aware of this and consider when you need focus on models to kill them, and when you can get away with doing small amounts of damage to weaken them for later. 

And Lastly, but most importantly, Don't get distracted from the VPs. The game is won by having more VPs. Make sure you have plans to score your points and deny the opponents. Killing them is one way to deny, but its not the only way. If its too action intensive to kill, then have a plan B that doesn't rely on killing. 

• Like 1

Against Hoffman you need anti-armour tech and focus on the target, because if you don't kill the model the keyword had a lot of healing. If you can Lure or Obey a model outside of his Bubble can be "easy" to kill It.

Anyway i see is very hard to kill Hoffman models if he want It to survive so better if you Focus on VP and try to deny his VP.

If you make Hoffman spend actions healing (for irreductible damage) instead if using his Overcharge tactical action means you are doing a good job.