Last Time On Malifaux Z....

Jesy Blue

If you were to chronicle all the major plot points in the Malifaux fluff as games, what would they be and what current or previous Strategy would they have been played under?

For example. The attempted theft of The Hanging Tree would have been Outcast Zipp (who hired Parker ook) vs Resser Jack Daw in Turf War.

What I'm looking at is maybe a chronological play through to tell this whole crazy story.

Hehe is it tho?  Wouldnt like 3 books be summed up as 'J tries to kill Rezzers while Sonnia does research'... and later books be 'and j gets her ass handed to her by rezzers' ;)

Cool idea for a campaign style thing.  Obviously the classic starting point would be 'split the lore up into books and go from there' but for it to be useful for people other than cross faction players, it'd probably make more sense to split it up by master (which would probably need the full list first).

Personally if it were me and I really wanted to town with this, I'd probably say something like 'each book could/should have an encounter for each master referenced in that book' / 'no master should have more than 2 encounters (cause, madness).  Major events could also just get standard encounters (say the event gets a 'x master v something' encounter ala fighting games where at a certain pt you all fight the same boss/mini-boss.

I also wouldn't be afraid of having more personal things.  Like say one of the J stories of her in a hospital could be Her + Judge against a pair of rezzers, or asylum models.  HH / etc could also be options in a 'the master is down, gotta protect em'

Course I'd probably also want 1/2 of them to be more story encounters (like Ivan drags Mei from the battlefield) or a modified 'm2e ply for information' and all master lists to signify the guild mixer story.

Some things are also just flat out not possible by regular game rules, like Von Schill and the Freikorps plus Tara, Hans and Vanessa versus Hamelin, Benny, a Rat King and approximately six hundred Stolen in 'A Disease Divided'. 

But it would certainly be a cool looking game table for a skirmisher. ;)

2 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Some things are also just flat out not possible by regular game rules, like Von Schill and the Freikorps plus Tara, Hans and Vanessa versus Hamelin, Benny, a Rat King and approximately six hundred Stolen in 'A Disease Divided'. 

But it would certainly be a cool looking game table for a skirmisher. ;)

If you're playing a campaign, you can make up rules for it anyway!