Old cards in new boxes

Zebo

Sorry if this doesn't belings here, but not sure where to post it. 

Recently I received in my home the Tainted Filth box, which I buyed because of the errata in Benny Wolcomb card (I could have purchased the M2E boxes way cheaper). 

But to my surprise, in that box released after the errata, it still comes the old Benny card. How is it possible? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheMechE said:

IMO you should always be using the app when playing Malifaux even if it's just for yourself. It has the most updated cards, so it's the ultimate reference.

I have heard that the rulebook on the app is not the most recent though, so I wouldn't count on the rulebook.

It has the most up to date cards if you remember to update it. 

I do believe they have now correctrd the rules it links to. 

• 8 months later...

You can print cards or order new ones at anytime once they are released on WarGameVault. I actually get really annoyed when I'm playing someone and they are poking around in their phone. It's faster to just use a card. Plus, if I want to see what a model does or look at it for scoring a scheme or strat, I don't want to ask to see it on your phone. That being said using the app for scoring a game is fine. Also, using it for research and list building is nice when you don't have all your stuff with you. 

Ultimately, its not a big deal overall. Just my preference. 

12 minutes ago, touchdown said:

I understand a preference for physical cards, but if you make a game in the app, you can look at your opponents crew on your own phone. Which is handy

Good point! I completely forgot about that option. I don't mean to bash the app at all. I play a few wargames and out of all of them Malifaux probably has the best app. 

• Like 1