My Loyal Servant

Zebo

Question

10 minutes ago, RisingPhoenix said:

Actually the Bayou have a different trigger called "Wild Shot" that's designed to shoot your own models.  Ricochet is found on a much more limited selection of models, half of which are not Bayou.  So you're definitely wrong about its purpose.

Regardless, they phrased it the way they did, so Ricochet can hit the target of the original shot.  Wild Shot, being phrased better, still can't.  

I honestly don't understand why @ShinChan is making this argument.  Wyrd already clarified this exact point in the GG1 FAQ, it's 2.  In fact, since many people assure me that the FAQ was all clarifications and no rules changes occurred within the FAQ, it's been 2 since M3E released and anyone who played it otherwise was playing it wrong.  

Wild shot was a last minute add-on during the beta to keep the Bayou Gremlins more thematic with the 2nd edition triggers. The Good Ol Boys are forced to declare the Ricochet trigger.

Also, your message is a bit confusing, I don't follow what are you trying to say. The only point I made is that if the trigger "My loyal servant" is supposed to work like that, according to the FAQs it can be understood like that. But following the same reasoning, the Ricochet trigger works the same, and so it must be treated the same way. So 3/6/9 damage track for G&O with a :mask, so I won't be the one complaining here 🙄

Do I think it was supposed to work like that? No, in neither of the cases, but that's just my opinion. I would agree with my opponent before the game :) 

4 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Wild shot was a last minute add-on during the beta to keep the Bayou Gremlins more thematic with the 2nd edition triggers. The Good Ol Boys are forced to declare the Ricochet trigger.

Also, your message is a bit confusing, I don't follow what are you trying to say. The only point I made is that if the trigger "My loyal servant" is supposed to work like that, according to the FAQs it can be understood like that. But following the same reasoning, the Ricochet trigger works the same, and so it must be treated the same way. So 3/6/9 damage track for G&O with a :mask, so I won't be the one complaining here 🙄

Do I think it was supposed to work like that? No, in neither of the cases, but that's just my opinion. I would agree with my opponent before the game :) 

I don't really know how it was supposed to work.  I believe the flavor of My Loyal Servant is that you can heal your servants, not yourself.  I believe the flavor of Galvanize (being a joke about galvanizing metal, but also galvanizing action) would lend it to galvanizing others, but not yourself.  However I'm not psychic, and cannot determine that.

What I can determine is that Wyrd has fully and completely clarified the meaning of Another, and thus that's how it works, and since the FAQ did not change the intended function of any abilities, that's how My Loyal Servant and Nekima's aura always worked.  If Wyrd later chooses to errata Ricochet for power reasons, I suppose they might.  It is mostly on guild and bayou, two factions that seem to have had playtesting and balance issues.  

7 hours ago, ShinChan said:

But following the same reasoning, the Ricochet trigger works the same, and so it must be treated the same way

No one is arguing against that, why do you keep bringing it up as some sort of got'cha. In fact ricochet working that way is the biggest issue people have with the FAQ, because that's exactly how the FAQ is saying Ricochet works.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:35 PM, Mycellanious said:

Actually to me its clear that it is intended to allow the target. It even makes sense thematically because the target is the servant. If they wanted to exclude the target they would worded the parenthesis as "other than the target"

if they intended that why do they have two restriction clauses that mean the same thing? How many other abilities do that?

On 4/10/2020 at 2:44 PM, Mycellanious said:

But you are forgetting that the text remains unchanged from GG0. Without the FAQ, so when this was written, the clarification would not be unnecessary, it was in fact crucial.

Lots of other triggers and abilities have the another model restriction without a 2nd clause that means the exact same thing. It doesn't make any sense to do so.