Crossroads 7 lore

The gist I got from the Crossroads book was they were a good but struggling band, and two people, a man and a woman, came to a show and made them a deal for power, fame, and whatever they desired.  Something happened... maybe the bar blew up, or they killed everyone, but the band survived the slaughter and went on playing as they are now.

It's the typical  "Deal With The Devil At The Crossroads" story... but Malifaux style.

• Thanks 1

The Crossroads 7 stats were originally published in M2E's Shifting Loyalties.  In addition to the usual half-column bio's, there's a one page song on page 133 of that book.  (Each of the individual members has bio's in each of the new faction books.  I only spot checked Wrath's bio and it appears to be word-for-word the same.  It's like $5 for the PDF of Shifting Loyalties on Drive Thru RPG, or $10 for the M2E book bundle...)

The Crossroads 7 models were originally published as a story encounter box, and the pamphlet in that box has an introduction that chooses the mystery option over spelling out exactly how the band got together originally.  The pamphlet material is listed in the "Adventure Box Collection 1" on DriveThruRPG (another $5) if you want to read it.

In "The Bold & Desperate" story in the M3E Neverborn book I think ties everything together by implication in the beginning of the story.

I can't remember any Crossroads related stuff in the Chronicles magazine.

But reading over the bios again, pretty much what you get is a paragraph or two of allusions to the event in each of their bios, and the "The Bold & Desperate" story tied together as the origin story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1