Frienzied charge

Dr4mis

Question

Hi wyrdos! 

I wanna know how can I advantage of the frenzied charge because we can't charge from an engagement?  I wanna know it because I use kentauroi and goryo who both have that ability.

In the same way, can the stampede abilities from the kentauroi be use more than once by turn double by frenzied charge. I have some doubt that the answer of the frenzied charge will answer the stampede one but I wanna know if not :)

Ty in advance  😁

3 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Dr4mis said:

Hi wyrdos! 

I wanna know how can I advantage of the frenzied charge because we can't charge from an engagement?  I wanna know it because I use kentauroi and goryo who both have that ability.

The main benefit for Frenzied Charge is when you're charging something off on its own to finish it off, you're less likely to have to say "Damn, I killed it and now I've got to walk."

In the same way, can the stampede abilities from the kentauroi be use more than once by turn double by frenzied charge. I have some doubt that the answer of the frenzied charge will answer the stampede one but I wanna know if not :)

Since you mentioned the Kentauroi, there is that Like the Wind trigger that you can use to leave engagement, and then charge right back in.  

You would need stuff like Mobile Warrior or Diving Charge (that say 'This model may declare the Charge Action while engaged') in combination with Frenzied Charge to be able to Charge, attack, and then Charge again while engaged.

• Thanks 1

Kentauroi have Like the Wind as a trigger, a 2 inch reach, and Ride With Me, so they have plenty of opportunity to get out of engagement, or avoid engagement entirely while charging. Remember; engagement is now one-way; So if your 2 inch reach Kentauroi is stabbing a 1 inch reach model from 2 inches away, he's not engaged, and may charge again. Also, he can leave with the Like the Wind trigger after stampeding in, or he can just charge and stampede into base contact, Ride With Me out, and charge back, stampeding again.
As for Goryo... there is both not much of a benefit for charging multiple times, and not much of a way to make it happen. If they're fighting 0 inch reach models, they could charge twice, or if their initial target dies on the first attack, they could charge twice. This would be more for movement than anything. 

• Thanks 1

It's also a good tech versus some defenses like Butterfly Jump or Bedside Manner (Model A charge, model B jumps away, Model A charges again). Or versus models that may push your model away after an attack (like Pandora/Kaeris getting the Df trigger and using Misery). It also useful when the model get obeyed multiple times in the same activation (Marcus with Cojo for example).

The main use for Goryo would be charging a weakish model and finish it in 1 AP with Balanced sword (+Violent Ghosts) and then charge another target. Which may also be used outside of his activation with Datsue Ba using Guide Spirit twice if you got spare masks or SS.

1 hour ago, Dr4mis said:

About this bit, it doesn't have the "once per turn/activation" so yes. If you can charge multiple time, it can trigger multiple times.

• Agree 1