Gunfighter vs Middle of the storm?

Erik1978

Question

1 hour ago, Adran said:

If model A attacks model b, at no time does model b check to see if model a has the attack on their card. So it makes no difference to the mimic action which is the correct answer. 

And that's is exactly my point!!

Model B doesn't care at all what is in the Model A card, he only cares he is being targeted/afected by an action. That particular action is what is taken in count for the resolution of that action. In the Doppleganger case he takes another model's action, modify it and uses it; then the Model B "acept" those changes in the resolution of that action.

In my last example (Ten Thunders Brother), the case was simmilar but the wording didn't match. That model modify one of his own action (increase the range) and when he uses that action, Model B acknowledge those changes.

Another example with a non-matching wording but the same idea: A chimera with the "Formidable Horns" upgrade. The mele actions of that chimera gains "Onslaught"; when he uses the modified action, Model B doesn't care about what is in the Model A card and asume the change in the ability.

In the Gunsfighter case a model takes his own action and modify it (and in this case the wording is the same than in the Doppleganger case), then according to the above examples the other player should consider the action that is being used against him; not a mix betweeen what is in the stat card and the modified action.

To put another example, a Doppleganger may copy her own "Staggering Punch", upgrading the stat from 5 to 7. When the doppleganger uses the upgraded version of her staggering punch the other model doesn't  care about the "Vanilla" action, he only cares about the modified action targeting him.

1 hour ago, Adran said:

My view was you could not mimic a mimic'd action, although at the moment I'm away from my rules so I'm not sure if that was just assumption.

I'd say you are right in this one; the wording say "This model may treat XXX", so other models won't have access to the copied action in the same way they cannot copy a :ranged action from a Gunsfighter with the :meleerange.

But that doesn't mean those abilities cannot be used by the model with the right ability/action and that the targeted model doesn't consider those abilities as any other ability targeting him.

On 10/18/2019 at 3:14 PM, Ogid said:

Model B doesn't care at all what is in the Model A card, he only cares he is being targeted/afected by an action. That particular action is what is taken in count for the resolution of that action. In the Doppleganger case he takes another model's action, modify it and uses it; then the Model B "acept" those changes in the resolution of that action.

I think that this is the most clear way to explain it.

Perdita (or any model with Gunfighter) is doing a 1":melee attack with Stat X and that goes against Df/Wp/Sz/Mv. The model that is being targeted only gets that information.

3 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

I think that this is the most clear way to explain it.

Perdita (or any model with Gunfighter) is doing a 1":melee attack with Stat X and that goes against Df/Wp/Sz/Mv. The model that is being targeted only gets that information.

Perdita doesn't have an action like that.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

42 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Perdita doesn't have an action like that.

Perdita has an ability that allows her to do that action.

Reached this point, everyone will keep playing at their own way, so makes no sense to keep supporting one way of the other until there is a FAQ. In my case, I'll go through the option that interferes the less with all the other rules and does not create weird situations/interactions.

• Agree 2