Ancient Pact

GeeDub

So I haven’t been able to play a M3e game yet, but I look at this upgrade and it seems amazing yet very few if any of the lists I see have them.

Also to confirm, 2 of the upgrades on different models stack to +2 on initiative flips correct?

I’m curious to hear people’s opinion on a pair of these upgrades and why we aren’t seeing it?

46 minutes ago, GeeDub said:

So I haven’t been able to play a M3e game yet, but I look at this upgrade and it seems amazing yet very few if any of the lists I see have them.

Also to confirm, 2 of the upgrades on different models stack to +2 on initiative flips correct?

It does, because of the + in the name.  Just like the Frontier ability Home on the Range +1 stacks across the crew.

For maximum jealousy, Bayou can get +2 and a :+flipon the Initiative from Abilities on models. ;) 

Yeah, I like it quite a bit. I sometimes have trouble finding good Minion choices for it, since you want a model that is either sturdy enough to survive the action, or will be staying safe and out of trouble. But bonus initiative and bonus resources are always good.

The Avoid Doom part itself, like with the original Pact, only ever comes up once every several games. Still, if you have a model with an action that you want to guarantee (like Leap), the insurance can be worth it. The only non-Minion I've taken it on has been Dreamer, to make sure he doesn't botch his summoning.

I was thinking that a pair of wicked dolls would be good with this upgrade. Wicked dolls are cheap, can run schemes, have stealth to protect themselves, can give models adversary for any keyword you’re playing, and are versatile so you don’t pay a tax. Is 10 stones worth it to have 2 of these guys running around with ancient pact?

9 minutes ago, GeeDub said:

I was thinking that a pair of wicked dolls would be good with this upgrade. Wicked dolls are cheap, can run schemes, have stealth to protect themselves, can give models adversary for any keyword you’re playing, and are versatile so you don’t pay a tax. Is 10 stones worth it to have 2 of these guys running around with ancient pact?

You would have to be really careful with them because they die really fast for a 5SS investment

6 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

I have seen two of these used with Daydreams. You are keeping them backfield anyway for pushed and lucid dreaming, so the risk is relatively small.

I've done this exact thing and I found the extra card draw to really help Dreamer out with finding his high masks for summons