Jack Daw questions

Erik1978

Question

Had a few games with him and this came up, question 1 applies to others as well I suppose:

1) Montresor is killed but discards a card to heal 4. In what aspects does he then count as killed? Dig their graves? His attacker has a healing trigger/ability when killing a target? None?

2) 3 models had a "The Hanged" curse on them. We guessed that meant I could curse no more models until one of the other targets died in accordance with "a second copy of the same upgrade will be discarded with no effect"? It would be nice to just curse a new target and remove the curse from one of the other models of my choosing but nothing seems to support that in the rules?

9 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, Erik1978 said:

Yeah that made most sense to me.

But other effects can then kill him or would that also be negated by emergency healing?

Well if he is killed again, his demise is only once per turn, and if you are killed by some means other than reduction to 0 health then healing doesn't help anyway. (Killed page 25)

1 hour ago, Erik1978 said:

2) 3 models had a "The Hanged" curse on them. We guessed that meant I could curse no more models until one of the other targets died in accordance with "a second copy of the same upgrade will be discarded with no effect"? It would be nice to just curse a new target and remove the curse from one of the other models of my choosing but nothing seems to support that in the rules?

I can't see anything that would let you choose to remove a curse from an already existing model. As you say if you try to put out more upgrades than the plentiful value, then the one you try to put out fails.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dannydb said:

Such as? 

Other models with the same Demise:

• Jackalope (with additional ability to do it more than once per turn)
  • Bad Juju
  • Serena Bowman
  • The Midnight Stalker

There's 20 different models with Execute, and an Undead specific variant Into Dust on a few more (I think most of the direct kill effects are used to eliminate friendly models...), but honestly Demise(Eternal) may as well be a variation of Hard to Kill, because it can be addressed the same way:  Apply damage more times.

5 hours ago, dannydb said:

Such as? 

Any model in ressers or 10T(if playing yan lo) thanks to Manos' Reliquary. As well as there currently(and potentially being) more ways for a model to heal after they get killed than just demise eternal. 

As for some instant kill mechanics(that don't also ignore Demise)

Remote Detonator, Aetheric Detonation, Make Me Proud, Boys!, Uncontrolled Detonation, Pulling the Strings, Exorcism, Unearth.