Brewmaster: Moonshinobi vs Whiskey Gamin

noob

Depends what you need. 

Golem can get that sweet triple move to get where it needs to be, but it's not just a beater, it's a wonderful support master in Tri-Chi.

Shinobi with Twelve Cups of Coffee on a high model count crew might as well be flying; with the Side Arm from Tacticle Ghille Suit hits no matter concealment, manipulative, serene countenance, and/or friendly fire; it's also hilarious vs Neverborn & Resser beaters and all their hard to wound nonsense.

17 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Shinobi with Twelve Cups of Coffee on a high model count crew might as well be flying; with the Side Arm from Tacticle Ghille Suit hits no matter concealment, manipulative, serene countenance, and/or friendly fire; it's also hilarious vs Neverborn & Resser beaters and all their hard to wound nonsense.

^This.  That gets super expensive for a single model though.

Still cheaper than a Golem.  But they don't do the same role, so it's hard to compare.

A min 3 armor 2 50mm beat machine vs a stealthy condition doling counter flip counter schemer.

Honestly, I've never not taken both...

• Agree 1

Mayyyybe you are thinking of the Whiskey Golem?  I was wondering which is better between the Whiskey Gamin and the Moonshinobi?  The Whiskey Gamin are the barrel dudes that come in the Backdraft box set. 5ss cost Tri Chi models.

So the gamin vs shinobi I think comes down to what are you up against.  The shinobi have stealth which is great up against a more ranged based crew. The gamin have armor which is usually useful against melee crews.  The gamin are quite mobile but if they get shot off the board that's irrelevant.  Both can disengage melee if they get tied up. 

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, noob said:

Mayyyybe you are thinking of the Whiskey Golem?  I was wondering which is better between the Whiskey Gamin and the Moonshinobi?  The Whiskey Gamin are the barrel dudes that come in the Backdraft box set. 5ss cost Tri Chi models.

Ohhhhhhhh, rainbows.  Oh yeah, I like those, those are cool.  /Cartman

Gamin are less desirable as they either require Cooper for the Shielded and/or resummoning, or require dedication for the Driving While A Drink to be useful.  Shinobi are more independant.

So unless you're going for a short range poison dispensing crew with the Golem, I don't see the Gamin being better than Shinobi.

• Haha 2

I played a game with Brewmaster vs Leveticus lately (corrupted idols, take prisoner, assasinate), and took following list:

Brewmaster, 7ss cache

Wesley

Whiskey Golem

Whiskey Gamin

2x Fermented River Monk

2x Moon Shinobi, each with Telve Cups of Coffee.

I was extremely happy about Moon Shinobies. First off they reached table corners basically in turn one, getting redy for the idols and enemy Necro Punks.

Necro punks are awesome cheme runners, but their insant action (leap) was countered with aura from 12 Cups of Coffee, and their hard to wound got converted to [+} for my damage!

Moon shinobi can be really great, but they are somewhat situational. If enemy has deadly shooting or skills like manipulative hard to wond, serene countenance etc. then go for them! In other cases Fermented River Monks will probably be better. 

As for gamin, it is a cheap source of ranged poison dealing, which can be usefull both in appling poison to your and enemy models as needed. Also if ou manage to put some points of poison on them, they become very mobile! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1