M3E Kirai and Molly

Hey friends,

I'm interested in Molly and Kirai for m3e but I haven't really been following their beta development.  What successes in M3E have you had with those two?  What models do you like with them generally?  Any neat interactions?

Thanks all! Enjoy the weekend!

Molly is in a really good place for M3E. The crew is highly mobile, good at scheming and capable of putting out a decent amount of damage when required.

Molly herself changes the way that your opponent has to play the game. Lethe's Caress means that if Molly has LOS (regardless of range) on your opponents models, she has an effect on how they can operate. She also draws cards, deals chunks of damage, reactivates minions and hands out focus. 

The crew has access to two premium beaters in Archie and the Rogue Necromancy. Both are quick, hard hitting and have some degree of self healing. 

The Forgotten Marshal is a really good summoner.

The minions are all good in their own way too, but Crooligans are a bit special in particular because of 'By Your Side', which gives your cheap little scheme runners the ability to teleport across the entire board to a non-minion Forgotten. 

Not played Kirai myself, so I'll leave her for others to talk about. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, stonecrowe said:

Molly is in a really good place for M3E. The crew is highly mobile, good at scheming and capable of putting out a decent amount of damage when required.

Molly herself changes the way that your opponent has to play the game. Lethe's Caress means that if Molly has LOS (regardless of range) on your opponents models, she has an effect on how they can operate. She also draws cards, deals chunks of damage, reactivates minions and hands out focus. 

The crew has access to two premium beaters in Archie and the Rogue Necromancy. Both are quick, hard hitting and have some degree of self healing. 

The Forgotten Marshal is a really good summoner.

The minions are all good in their own way too, but Crooligans are a bit special in particular because of 'By Your Side', which gives your cheap little scheme runners the ability to teleport across the entire board to a non-minion Forgotten. 

Not played Kirai myself, so I'll leave her for others to talk about. 

Hey thanks fella!  That's super helpful!  Time to do a bit of research.  I absolutely adore the Archie model :)

as a little hint I've found Sloth to be super helpful with molly.

First of all his giving out fast is useful for making sure your minions and rouge necro can get where they need to get. 

2ndly his free heal is great on archie as he can't get slow so its just 3 health with no downside

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@crimzzen check out the Third Floor Wars Podcast- they have a whole episode (over an hour) on Molly: https://thirdfloorwars.com/molly-malifaux-3rd-ed-master-deep-dive/ 

Alternately @Saduhem and @Flippin' Wyrd Jamie both played Molly quite a bit in the closed beta (we were in the same beta group) and probably in the open. They are probably great sources for info also and might have a completely different take to the Podcast.

1 hour ago, thewrathchilde said:

@crimzzen check out the Third Floor Wars Podcast- they have a whole episode (over an hour) on Molly: https://thirdfloorwars.com/molly-malifaux-3rd-ed-master-deep-dive/ 

Alternately @Saduhem and @Flippin' Wyrd Jamie both played Molly quite a bit in the closed beta (we were in the same beta group) and probably in the open. They are probably great sources for info also and might have a completely different take to the Podcast.

Thank you muchly!

• Like 1

A few points on Kirai as she is probably the Resser I have most game time with in m3e - the crew is highly mobile and has movement options galore because of guide spirit and of course incorp.

Horror duels are a great drain of cards for your opponent and vengeance soon adds up that incremental, unresisted damage.

I really like Goryo in this edition and Ikiryo is a great asset because of her irreducible damage (her stats are poor but she can be returned to the board and not take up Kirai's one summon). Datsu ba is really useful as well, good damage both close and ranged, quick, ignores demise abilities (situationally useful) and has guide spirits with a charge trigger.

The crew can give out adversary pretty easily which lessens the tension on your hand, you have condition removal and healing via Francis Kitchener (formerly lost love).

Pretty solid IMO

On 5/12/2019 at 4:51 AM, Cleezy said:

A few points on Kirai as she is probably the Resser I have most game time with in m3e - the crew is highly mobile and has movement options galore because of guide spirit and of course incorp.

Horror duels are a great drain of cards for your opponent and vengeance soon adds up that incremental, unresisted damage.

I really like Goryo in this edition and Ikiryo is a great asset because of her irreducible damage (her stats are poor but she can be returned to the board and not take up Kirai's one summon). Datsu ba is really useful as well, good damage both close and ranged, quick, ignores demise abilities (situationally useful) and has guide spirits with a charge trigger.

The crew can give out adversary pretty easily which lessens the tension on your hand, you have condition removal and healing via Francis Kitchener (formerly lost love).

Pretty solid IMO

Thanks friend!  That sounds super interesting and perhaps a good compliment to Molly?  Interested to try her out!!  Just waiting for the Court of 2 box to use as a proxy.