Medical Automaton using Code Red on itself.

WWHSD

Question

What happens if a Medical Automaton that has 1 Wd remain uses its Code Red action to target itself?

a) The Medical Automaton can't be placed in base contact with itself so it stays where it is and heals 2 damage.
b) Noting happens since the Medical Automaton could not be placed in base contact with itself.
c) The Medical Automaton is placed where it would be in base contact with where it was before the the place. It heals 2 damage.
d) You attempt to place the model in base contact with itself and it disappears never to be seen again.

I checked in the FAQ and the rules and am not exactly sure how this would work. A model can target itself with a tactical action. I'm not sure what happens when you are supposed to put a model in base to base contact with itself. I'm wondering if I missed something.

(0) Code Red: Place this model in base contact with target friendly model within 6". If the target has only 1 Wound remaining, it immediately heals 2 damage.

3 answers to this question

for some reason the idea of him attempting into base contact and "disappearing never to be seen again" makes me giggle.

There was a similar question a very long time ago about how to deal with Mah Tucket using her "Let Mah Handle This" on herself.  In her case it was "push into base contact with target friendly model within 6" and LoS.  Push the target model up to 6" in any direction."   There, it was ruled that the first push just fails since it couldn't actually complete, then the second push would go as normal.  Net result is that Mah ends up pushing 6" as a 0 action.

I think in this case, the automaton will end up in the same deal.  The place will not happen since he can't legally place into base contact with himself, then he may or may not heal depending on his health at the time.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think the automata gets the Mah Tucket deal.

136. Can Mah Tucket target herself with the Let Mah Handle is Action?

Yes. The first push into base to base has no effect, but the second push still functions. 

For

(0) Let Mah Handle This: This model may discard a card to be pushed into base contact with target friendly model within 6" and LoS. Push the target model up to 6" in any direction. 

It's the same sort of impossible sequence.

Not that I'd bet against an errata changing the wording.  -_-