Apparent Guild Errata January

trikk

Guard are interesting as cheap activations.  They're cheap enough now they might not NEED their grouping bonuses to be worth it, but still not... mind blowing or anything.

It definitely matters though.  Before a pair of them was not quite worth 8, but notably, killing one left you with something nowhere near worth 4.  Taking 3 for redundancy was cute, but at 12 stones... laughable.  At 9?  Okay, still probably a bad idea, but 6 for 2 isn't too shabby.

LLC is actually super interesting.  It was laughably overcosted before; probably still not worth it, but its at least worth running the math on a few setups.

I wish the Judge's upgrade had gotten the discount as well.  That thing makes him special, but at 10 stones its still a little out of reach.

I'm not sure what I think about the Witchling Handler.... maybe... probably not... but maybe...

9 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

Guard are interesting as cheap activations.  They're cheap enough now they might not NEED their grouping bonuses to be worth it, but still not... mind blowing or anything.

Extremely worth it without the group bonus imo. Maybe not quite the level of a Bayou Gremlin just because of Drunk & Reckless and Bayou Two Card, but they have a lot going for them that's better than a Bayou Gremlin too. Df 4 is kinda sucky, but a 3 stone significant activation is super powerful on its own.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

Extremely worth it without the group bonus imo. Maybe not quite the level of a Bayou Gremlin just because of Drunk & Reckless and Bayou Two Card, but they have a lot going for them that's better than a Bayou Gremlin too. Df 4 is kinda sucky, but a 3 stone significant activation is super powerful on its own.

The thing is gg2018 is attempting to lessen the effect of activation control.  Whether that is effective remains to be seen.

You are going to want someone to just poop out markers for the trap type and the new harder version of claim jump schemes. Guardsmen are cheap now and more durable than hounds so if you don't need the markers super far up guils guard shoulddo the job well 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

I’m not sure, but that’s what we will find out with two more factions getting 3ss significant activations from otherwise useless* models. Will spreading 3ss hiring cost out to general use make such a difference that 2ss stuffed piglets make sense again, I wonder.

*only guaranteed use is soulstone gain from either of Guild guard (devil’s deal) or desperate mercenaries

I started 7 guild guard with Dashel and the accomplice upgrade to try and leverage all the positives and putthe condiion if I won on initiative. Too bad I faced Sonnia with plenty of shooting, had the enemy actually needed to get close to me try would have had to discard plenty of cards.

40 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I started 7 guild guard with Dashel and the accomplice upgrade to try and leverage all the positives and putthe condiion if I won on initiative. Too bad I faced Sonnia with plenty of shooting, had the enemy actually needed to get close to me try would have had to discard plenty of cards.

Did you run the upgrade to give then companion?  I'm starting to consider it.