Wave 5 Master Upgrades: Guild

WWHSD

1 minute ago, trikk said:

And Sonnia?

Reincarnation is still shit. Sam needs some mobility boost to be viable, but he can do huge damage with the chain activation. Summoning the totem is surprisingly useful. I don't think I actually used Sonnia's Ml upgrade for anything.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Still haven't had a chance to try them. Did you use Sonnia to light stuff up? Too bad you can't chain from a watcher btw. We need a witch hunter recruiter to make people witch hunters and add burning to all their attacks :P 

Yeah, I lit Collodi on fire and then Sam rapid fired at him after using Debt. My opponent immediately regretted not sacrificing his personal puppet to prevent Sonnia's damage.

• Like 3

I like sonnias chain activate quite a bit.  I didnt use sam, I instead used it to get humongous threat range for a sonnia alpha strike.   Summoning the totem was better for me than it was for myrra it sounds like, as it gave me someone to blast off of.

I tried to make reincarnate work with the ml upgrade.   I ended up using it when misaki went in on me first turn.   I did manage to summon 2 stalkers but tbh they are so slow that since I already had that part of the board under control I didnt really get much from that.

The other her game that I tried to play ml sonnia her low charge was too much of a barrier. 

Myyrä said that he found the tomem summoning useful but not reincarnate which is the witchling one. They seem to compete for the same kills to me. After going resser with McMourning I'm not sure why Sonnia pays two cards for a stalker when McMourning gets canines and constructs in droves without any resources spent.

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Myyrä said that he found the tomem summoning useful but not reincarnate which is the witchling one. They seem to compete for the same kills to me. After going resser with McMourning I'm not sure why Sonnia pays two cards for a stalker when McMourning gets canines and constructs in droves without any resources spent.

Because we aren't allowed to have good summoning.   There is literally no other master but mcm that cant use their upgrades in both factions. 

And I totally missed myrras post.  I have a death cold and I think it's effecting my brain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Because we aren't allowed to have good summoning.   There is literally no other master but mcm that cant use their upgrades in both factions. 

And I totally missed myrras post.  I have a death cold and I think it's effecting my brain.

I think the original reason was more that Guild was not supposed to have any real undead models for fluff reasons.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

Remember the days Guild was supposed to be known for their healing :D

edit: Actually I guess to be fair Nellie does bring good healing. 

She brings fast healing on a trigger. If you look at pure healing, Hoffman and McCabe seem just better at that. However, the problem with healing is that you need to be able to heal more than your opponent does damage, or it's practically useless. With 1/2/3 or flat 2 heals you can't really waste your ap on healing anything less durable than a Peacekeeper.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

edit: Actually I guess to be fair Nellie does bring good healing. 

Was that 1st ed?

26 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

She brings fast healing on a trigger. If you look at pure healing, Hoffman and McCabe seem just better at that. However, the problem with healing is that you need to be able to heal more than your opponent does damage, or it's practically useless. With 1/2/3 or flat 2 heals you can't really waste your ap on healing anything less durable than a Peacekeeper.

Htk models too.

23 hours ago, wizuriel said:

22 hours ago, wizuriel said:

Yeah.

iirc 

:ram was mainly healing or good things

:crow was mainly bad things or conditions

:mask subterfuge and movement

:tome arcane 

I remember first edition guild being the faction with guns and critical strike. I don't remember much healing (although the executioners with lovce the job and slow to die were probably one of the most asked about healing questions...)