Misaki upgrade combos

Kaptain_Konrad

What combos of upgrades do you all use on her? I recently tried bigger they are, survivalist and stalking bisento. It worked well when using thunder on multiple enforcers since it makes the blast on moderate now a 4dmg. I was thinking of swapping stalking for disguised. I really enjoyed bigger they are on her putting her moderate to 5 damage and just chew through anything with an upgrade.

14 minutes ago, Kaptain_Konrad said:

I was thinking of swapping stalking for disguised.

which means that you will mostly do weak damage and miss some of the hits you otherwise wouldn't. not to mention that Misaki will become more card hungry. there is very little incentive to play disguised over bisento, unless you have specific plan to score some VP utilizing disguised.

On 09/08/2017 at 8:51 AM, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

which means that you will mostly do weak damage and miss some of the hits you otherwise wouldn't. not to mention that Misaki will become more card hungry. there is very little incentive to play disguised over bisento, unless you have specific plan to score some VP utilizing disguised.

Disgused Misaki, Lives longer. Stalking Misaki Hits more. And if you are largely using Thunder to attack, you aren't getting the bonuses from Stalking anyway. 

EDIT

Forgot to check errata. Disguised misaki + deadly dance means almost impossible to hit misaki. 

I'm inclined to agree with @thatlatinspeakingguy.  Stalking Bisento has gotten me far further than the disguised upgrade, though the latter upgrade does have some uses.

In my own experience, without Bisento, Misaki is more a nuisance than anything.  Shes capable of hunting down some scheme runners, or knocking off some previously injured models here and there, but she definitely lacks the knockdown power that alot of the other combat-oriented masters have.  Assassinate is too random to reliably count on when it comes to putting down the bigger beasties, and people know to expect it anyway.

With Bisento, Recalled Training, and Oath Keeper, Misaki can easily dispatch most models  within a turn and since she has a few options to push out of combat already on her card, I find that she is capable of being slippery should I need her to be.

I've had minor moments where Disguised has come in handy, but I don't feel its better 90% of the time. 

Edit-Recalled Training is only for TT faction.  When I run her in Outcasts, I usually add Survivalist to make her a little tougher for melee brawling, or Tally Sheet to help fish for Crows.

The problem with Misaki is that she's a Melee master with a min damage of 2. The only other thing that makes her remotely lethal is the Assassinate trigger, which requires two suits unless you have no soulstones left (and thus completely requiring luck to make it go off). Now if she either had a (let's be honest, completely reasonable) min damage of 3 or a more reliable way to get that Assassinate you might be able to run her without Stalking, but without that :+fate to damage (which is only against one enemy) and only reliable access to her :mask to skedaddle all she can do is make annoying little prods and scurry away.

And she's not even designed to do anything beyond that light prodding and slight movement shenanigans - the moving generally requiring close contact and input from an enemy to get it off so you can't even use her to effectively scheme or even reliably kill. Taking Disguise takes away her one remote chance at endangering one unit a turn, and what you're getting from that is turning her into somewhat of a nuisance at best. 

I really have high expectations from her upgrades. A +1 to the min damage, a more reliable way to get :+fate's to the Thunder than chucking Soulstones (or RT) at it, or even just something to let her ignore Armor/Inco/etc. Just something to make people go "Playing Misaki might not be scraping the bottom of the barrel". And this coming from a TT player, who gets to fiddle with Recalled Training and Misdirection. Can't imagine what it'd be like without those. That fast five attack Recalled Training turn plus the :+fate:+fate=Misdirection-defense while I engage as many models as possible is the one reason I still occasionally run her. And I am well aware other masters can disrupt enemy crews about as much every single turn. 

I see how this discussion is unrelevant until we see new upgrades.
At the moment IMO outcast Misaki is meme-tier master, that does not synergize with outcast crews at all. Want a mobile assasination list- pick vicks, want a long living hardhitter- pick vonshil(lul) jack.