I've got that Hoffman/Mcmourning fever

4thstringer

32 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

It would be cool if any of guilds anti undead abilities were actually effective. 

Min damage 5 counters htw pretty well and low defensive stats with a shit ton of wounds is pretty useless against pineboxes. Not sure what you are complaining about ;) 

18 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Min damage 5 counters htw pretty well and low defensive stats with a shit ton of wounds is pretty useless against pineboxes. Not sure what you are complaining about ;) 

44 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

It's not just Guild. Kang is pretty much the only model with effective anti anything abilities.

Its the number of worthless anti undead abilities we have (exorcist, judge, ljs upgrade) that I just don't understand. 

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Its the number of worthless anti undead abilities we have (exorcist, judge, ljs upgrade) that I just don't understand. 

Flames of the pit is mostly overcosted I think. Exorcists have great anit-undead abilities, it's just that the model is trying to do too much and ends up scattered. If their ml damage track had been something like 3/5/7 no one would complain about their Damning Oratory or the kill trigger I think. It's just that you can't have a melee focused model for 7 ss that does 1/2/3 so it's really the attack and not the anti-undead abilities.

Range 3 on the exorcist no triggers aura is a hair too short for keeping him out of 2" engagement when he's running with McMourning. He can only safely shoot when solo and then, as you say, he's a bit scattershot.

But again, last time I had him I saw Kang* and he died immediately so Misaki and co. could get triggers back.

*Picture, if you will, my brief terror of Kang, followed by joy that I had my non construct crew, followed by dismay as he refreshed my memory of Kang's entire card, followed by self-recrimination that I'd dropped Dampening Field from the exorcist for another stone...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/9/2017 at 0:44 PM, Gnomezilla said:

Range 3 on the exorcist no triggers aura is a hair too short for keeping him out of 2" engagement when he's running with McMourning. He can only safely shoot when solo and then, as you say, he's a bit scattershot.

But again, last time I had him I saw Kang* and he died immediately so Misaki and co. could get triggers back.

*Picture, if you will, my brief terror of Kang, followed by joy that I had my non construct crew, followed by dismay as he refreshed my memory of Kang's entire card, followed by self-recrimination that I'd dropped Dampening Field from the exorcist for another stone...

What does Kang do to exorcist?  Or is that just Exorcist in Dougies bubble?