Guild vs. Specific Ramos Setup

Legislat

43 minutes ago, InvokeChaos said:

Wait he can summon an electric creation? *goes and reads what the heck electrical summoning actually does*

Well by jove, I don't know why I've never seen that upgrade taken before. Unless you are going hard melee or something, it seems like summoning an electric creation is better than hiring one!

Yeah but if he hits moderate (through cheating or what not) he one shots electric. So he could theoretically move up, summon, shoot, summon. Just would be potentially card intensive. 

A hired one gets the spiders and Ramos further up the board--though this is flank deployment and lunging forward doesn't matter as much as usual--and summoned ones cost tomes which of course already have 101 potential uses for Arcanists.

I did forget electrical creation summon was a 0, though, being one of those nutters who prefers to sacrifice brass arachnid over mobile toolkit (and cannot fathom why sacrificing the plus-flip factory that can keep up with the front liners is ever an option).

It's not the correct choice here except possibly against McTavish, but have you considered hiring swarms, looping them up to Ml7, and sending them against Ramos just to make a point about what they are capable of with proper maintenance?

33 minutes ago, InvokeChaos said:

Well by jove, I don't know why I've never seen that upgrade taken before. Unless you are going hard melee or something, it seems like summoning an eletric creation is better than hiring one!

Probably because it takes a seven of Tomes to use it so it competes with Summon The Swarm for cards. I suppose that this is less problematic if the 3 soul stones you save end up in your soul stone pool.

It also has to compete for upgrades  slots on Ramos.

4 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Probably because it takes a seven of Tomes to use it so it competes with Summon The Swarm for cards. I suppose that this is less problematic if the 3 soul stones you save end up in your soul stone pool.

It also has to compete for upgrades  slots on Ramos.

I typically see Arcing Screen and Arcane Reservoir on him in my meta. What's the third typically seen? Or do people take different upgrade packages entirely? 

2 hours ago, InvokeChaos said:

I typically see Arcing Screen and Arcane Reservoir on him in my meta. What's the third typically seen? Or do people take different upgrade packages entirely? 

Under Pressure. It gives Ramos Counterspell and gives other friendly constructs a plus flip to ML.

• Like 2

On 01.07.2017 at 9:33 PM, InvokeChaos said:

Yeah but if he hits moderate (through cheating or what not) he one shots electric. So he could theoretically move up, summon, shoot, summon. Just would be potentially card intensive.

He did this. Summon, hit moderate, 3 spiders with a stone. He got lucky with the initial card draw, i guess. He never had to move much - summoning spiders was pretty much his only job.

I guess Hoffball is nice, but i dont have Howard and Rail Golem so i did not consider it. And he was really carefull with his Lazarus - he always was touching terrain in the right spot, so no nice harpoon pushes. And i never had good experience with Ryle - i guess he is very niche. 

McMorning with Sebastian seems nice. I think it is pretty decent to spend some stones for his cover skill early and push him forward with Frank's Hermanos de Armas. 8 range aura seems just right for this kind of situation. And probably Brutal Emisarry with his poison blasts will come in handy. 

On 01/07/2017 at 8:32 PM, InvokeChaos said:

Yes, there are quite a few ways to equip Arcanist masters. 

I really like electrical summoning, but its not a great way to start the scrap engine, and it really eats into your tomes. Of course you can be luckier than me (Last time I tried Electrical summoning as an upgrade I drew 0 tomes (at least summonable ones) over the first 4 turns despite using Arcane reservoir. If you don't mind the potential tempo risk, its the cheapest in terms of soulstone. I would normally use the tool kit unles I actually want to use a tool kit during the game, when I'm then likely to hire an electrical creation because sometimes access to the toolkit is worht the extra stone

5 hours ago, Adran said:

Of course you can be luckier than me (Last time I tried Electrical summoning as an upgrade I drew 0 tomes (at least summonable ones) over the first 4 turns despite using Arcane reservoir.

I had a 6 turn game last night where I only ended up getting 1 usable tome (8 or higher) in my hand the entire game (it came in round 3). I stoned for cards in the first round, had Arcane Reservoir and got cards from Imbued Protection. 

Any game plan that has Ramos potentially needing to stone for 2 tomes in the first round to get at least two spiders on the table would worry me after that.

With all that armour and all those Constructs, plus the need to kill all that armour and all those Constructs, I would be leaning towards McCabe.

Throw Glowing Sabre to a series of fast models like the inevitable Guild Hounds, Mounted Guards and/or Hunters, giving them a 4" Push in the process. Reactivate said models with Black Flash off Badge of Speed. If you lose the model with the Sabre, it snaps back to McCabe to give it to someone else next turn anyway.

One of my favourite routines with McCabe is Taelor with Debt to the Guild (duh) and Numb to the World. She gets Badge of Speed for Nimble and the extra 4" Push, is immune to any condition that might stop her, then goes in with a 4/5/7 track that can ignore armour on a trigger and has all the Relic Hammer bonuses against Constructs. She's quite happy against Ramos as if he summons a swarm near her with Welcome to Malifaux up, she can charge and do her 2 attack potentially clearing the whole lot back off again.