Fluff topic, Should the Neverborn Trio have teamed up with Titania?

Da Git

Agreed that the pauper dress is clashing a bit with a certain fantastic vision of a queen...but not with many of the neverborn, who could care less about clothes. The fact that Lilith is the one who mentions Titania's clothes in a derogatory manner further demonstrate how removed she is from the Nephilim "esprit de corps" who in general go with rags and leather straps....Even Nekima doesn't care about it anymore (she visibly dressed far more elaborately in M1E). As far as i am concerned, Lucius and Lilith would make a great couple.

I wonder what neverborn would be the most likely to side with Titania, even if their leaders are not going to. Her stories does tell that quite a few neverborn actually joined her...but who? Is it simply to explain how she can recruit from the neverborn faction in games?

Waldgeist: I really think these guys would side with her as they have never acknowledged any other master.  Could they actually be former fae?

Apart from those, i wonder what minions would side with Titania. All woes and nightmares benefit from human presence in malifaux too much, imho. While it's obvious that Titania cannot "win" her struggle (it'd be the end of Malifaux as we know it), it's a great thread to have to see how the story could affect the factions.

Mimics are apparently descendants of the Fae (changelings) swamp fiends make sense if we assume the Fae of Malifaux to be connected to flora and fauna as well as the rotation of seasons and thus time/change.

Nephi limited make sense via Neiman  (who hopefully takes off lilith's head) that only leaves our drug fueled friends since woes are linked to the box, nightmares to nitemare and colliding and his dolls probably don't give a $#'¥.

4 hours ago, Vorschlag said:

Mimics are aparently dependents of the Fae (changelings) swamp fiends make sense if we assume the Fae of Malifaux to be connected to flora and fauna as well as the rotation of seasons and thus time/change.

Where does this come from? I can't recall any connections linking the Mimics to Fae anymore than the other Neverborn Is it in a Chronicles?

For me, I've always considered most Swamp fiends to Malifaux's native fauna.  The Silurid genus appear to be just animals, Bad Juju was Zoraida's creation.  I'll give you Wisps and Waldgeists definitely could be devolved Fae, but that's about as far as I'd go... 

Could you please elaborate further on why you feel so?

I'd agree Nephilim are one of the most likely candidates, we've got Heyridden and Nekima who have already bucked the Mainstream Neverborn ways, so there's plenty of precedence for treachery (Lilith herself also usurped Nekima's throne, whether for the good of Malifaux and the Nephilim or not).  Mimics (beyond Lucius' Lawyers) seem pretty autonomous too.  Swampfiends are the other most likely candidates as they're not strongly tied to a single master's control like the Nightmares/Woes/Puppets are.  That said, I'd like to see some of those keyword stuff break free from their masters and join Titania too! Darkened models might also seek out Titania as a way to break free from Huggy's influence. 

Perhaps I'm reading too much into page95 of ripples of fate where paragraph 2 ends with "It seems these newer spirits shared a kinship of a sort" - perhaps they were descendants of the Fae"

and then paragraph three starts with "And there was one Captain in particular among the struggling power that drew Titania's attention." referring to Lucius.

I would also go as far as to argue that if we consider some traditional folk lore the "fae" stole human children and replaced them with "changelings" but I suppose that's conjecture. 
The Nephilim on the other hand if based somewhat on the original mythos are either the decedents of a cross between neverborn and man or between neverborn and the tyrants. 

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

For me, I've always considered most Swamp fiends to Malifaux's native fauna.  The Silurid genus appear to be just animals, Bad Juju was Zoraida's creation.  I'll give you Wisps and Waldgeists definitely could be devolved Fae, but that's about as far as I'd go...

Bad JuJu isn't the only Mire Golem, at least going by Into the Bayou. Fated can summon them, and there is a general Mire Golem entry in the bestiary.

1 hour ago, Vorschlag said:

Perhaps I'm reading too much into page95 of ripples of fate where paragraph 2 ends with "It seems these newer spirits shared a kinship of a sort" - perhaps they were descendants of the Fae"

and then paragraph three starts with "And there was one Captain in particular among the struggling power that drew Titania's attention." referring to Lucius.

I would also go as far as to argue that if we consider some traditional folk lore the "fae" stole human children and replaced them with "changelings" but I suppose that's conjecture. 
The Nephilim on the other hand if based somewhat on the original mythos are either the decedents of a cross between neverborn and man or between neverborn and the tyrants. 

I was reading more at face value, but we could both very well be right or wrong.  For me the kinship referred to the Neverborn race as a whole and the reason she was interested in Lucius was because his aura was masked, he's involved with both Neverborn & humans and he was involved with the late GG's demise.

24 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

Bad JuJu isn't the only Mire Golem, at least going by Into the Bayou. Fated can summon them, and there is a general Mire Golem entry in the bestiary.

That's interesting!  Are all the Mire Golems constructs animated by poor, lost souls?  If so, it doesn't sound like they're living or related to the Fae (unless of course, some poor bugger's soul was used to animate one!)

As for the general Mire Golems, any idea who created them?  It's definitely plausible some were made by Titania, but wouldn't they be more likely her enemies rather than her friends? Unless they were her allies and created by the Fae who betrayed Titania?  That would be way cool!  This is all just speculation of course!

4 minutes ago, Da Git said:

As for the general Mire Golems, any idea who created them?  It's definitely plausible some were made by Titania, but wouldn't they be more likely her enemies rather than her friends? Unless they were her allies and created by the Fae who betrayed Titania?  That would be way cool!  This is all just speculation of course!

They're just sort of a thing you can cobble together with magic for short periods of time.

Bad Juju is a bit of a special case, in that Zoraida messed with the process to make Mire Golem+.

• Like 2