are there any master only upgrades which nekima would love?

4thstringer

19 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Not sure it's sad if a model has upgrades perfectly designed for it without jumping through weird, master  specific hoops ;) 

I wasn't precise enough, apparently. What i meant by it is that if something interesting had been found, it might give more incentive to actually use the birthright trigger.

3 hours ago, Sybaris said:

I wasn't precise enough, apparently. What i meant by it is that if something interesting had been found, it might give more incentive to actually use the birthright trigger.

It would mostly mean that you were frustrated to not be able to bring her as the leader in the first place? Birthright is a very niche ability mostly meant to be thematic, it's rarely useful to spend your own ap killing your master.

If there was an upgrade that was miles better on Nekima than on a master it would seem like a poor design choice to me.

She can be horrible to face with extra prevention from soulstones and a healthy cache in a 30ss game so there is that.

The m2e decision to not allow henchmen as leaders in bigger games is sort of funny in itself. The 1.5 henchmen were rarer but even then it was more or less agreed that fielding a hench against a master was like playing with a handicap. I think you were allowed to have them lead at any ss level back then? I don't think it would break the game if Nekima or Dashel showed up leading a 50ss crew.

It wouldn't break the game, although of course it'd still be at an handicap. The extent of the handicap would depend on the opponent's skill and knowledge of the game. Against a new player, i think it'd hold with variable degree depending on the master. Against a veteran...it probably wouldn't work at all.

From my experience, Nekima's most powerful/useful "bloodbaths" are caused by the conjunction with her own crew's master in the first place (Lilith's placements, Zoraida's obeys, Titania board control, Pandora's wp war). 

Against other Henchmen, it's a completely different story i agree. She's certainly near or at the apex of melee power compared to other henchmen, although her 0 cache means she's less tactically flexible or will have a lower ss crew value.

I don't think there's an upgrade that makes birthright more desireable than it is (which it isn't atm). By your own wording, a rule that is not desireable is a "poor design choice to me", even if thematic.

• Like 1

Glad to see we agree on all points :) I guess the intention was for her to take her chance and backstab Lilith when the poor girl was at very low wounds and assassinate was in the pool. The problem is they gave Lilith rules which make her hang really far back and rarely take damage and Nekima got rules that makes her the most likely candidate for first model killed in the list while they also changed how assasinate worked. :/ 

• Like 1