Dig Their Graves & Mechanical Doves

Specky

Question

Colette and GG2017 question I could use some consensus on:
Step 1: The scheme dig their graves if an enemy model is killed within 4" of a friendly scheme marker: points happen / opponent chooses the marker to be discarded.

Step 2: Mechanical Doves and Mannequins have "All part of the show" on the front of the card allowing the model to count as a scheme marker - note that this says for actions and abilities for Showgirls.

My question: may doves and mannequins count as scheme marker for Dig Their Graves? I assume not as this is neither an 'action' nor an 'ability' as Malifaux generally defines these words. Although killing a model would likely come from an action or ability by a showgirl... so perhaps yes?

If the answer is yes and they may indeed count as a scheme marker - the opponent chooses which marker gets removed or do they... because they are not scheme marker?

GG17: "Once per turn, after this Crew kills or sacrifices an enemy non-Peon model that is within 4" of one or more Scheme Markers friendly to this Crew..."

from this wording alone, if a showgirl killed an enemy model, would that not meet the criteria?

I can see an argument for both yes or no.

Thanks

-Mark

4 answers to this question

You are going to get the same answer here as you would on AWP.  

"All Part of the Show: Friendly Showgirls may treat this model as if it were a friendly Scheme Marker for the purposes of Actions and Abilities. "
No.   Even if it was a showgirl that killed a enemy model.    It is for the purposes of Actions and Abilities from Friendly showgirls.  Even Parker Barrows will not be able to remove them with his Ability.

But since you brought this up,  Since its for VP, They maybe able to remove
Primordial  Magic since it says. "Essence of Malifaux: Once per game, when calc[..] VP (during or after a game) this model may count a one of this Crew's Scheme Markers. [...]"

21 minutes ago, Specky said:

Yeh, I emailed Wyrd and the response I got was "ask on the forum." Not expecting a different consensus here - but for Colette players it's a key item in GG2017 and I think the discussion should be seen in as many places as possible. 

Just to clear, I'm pretty sure that "ask on the forum" response was the same sort of answer that you get in class when the instructor says "You should discuss that with your classmates."  It's more educational this way, and requires less work on the central authority figure.