What's your idea you can't wait to try?

4thstringer

I thought the handler was meant to introduce burning to more accurate and/or plentiful attacks (I keep trying her with Ryle gunning everything to start fires, but that unbelievable streak of black jokers on him has skewed the results) so Ca5 was no longer a worry.

Speaking of disappointing Ca5, anyone tried a field reporter with a pack of hounds and Transparency nearby?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

I thought the handler was meant to introduce burning to more accurate and/or plentiful attacks (I keep trying her with Ryle gunning everything to start fires, but that unbelievable streak of black jokers on him has skewed the results) so Ca5 was no longer a worry.

Speaking of disappointing Ca5, anyone tried a field reporter with a pack of hounds and Transparency nearby?

For the cost of Ryle you almost get double austringers. They don't have to ignore LoS just because they can.

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

So the question becomes do I replace the handler with something good and reliable?  Or something that hasn't seen the table in a while? 

From what I know of your modus operandi I'd say we already know you'll try for the wonky underused model, and I mean that in the best possible way! :D 

• Like 3

The glowing saber started turn 2 on McCabe, who used it and tossed it to Luna, who used it before Dismounted McCabe reclaimed it, used it and tossed it to the emissary, who used it and then threw it to the reporter who used it (funny story there as regards Reference the Field Guide and crit strike) to end turn 2.

My opponent has been testing the 'nerd rage' crew of Hoffman, Queeg, four guardians, and the child. If the guardians advance into combat at the edges of their ranges, attrition is slow but manageable. Against the juggling Jedi maneuver...we called it partway through turn 3.

Also, Phiona top decking rams is a sight to behold. Almost as much as it was to see how little of it transformed into damage dealt...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

The glowing saber started turn 2 on McCabe, who used it and tossed it to Luna, who used it before Dismounted McCabe reclaimed it, used it and tossed it to the emissary, who used it and then threw it to the reporter who used it (funny story there as regards Reference the Field Guide and crit strike) to end turn 2.

My opponent has been testing the 'nerd rage' crew of Hoffman, Queeg, four guardians, and the child. If the guardians advance into combat at the edges of their ranges, attrition is slow but manageable. Against the juggling Jedi maneuver...we called it partway through turn 3.

Also, Phiona top decking rams is a sight to behold. Almost as much as it was to see how little of it transformed into damage dealt...

I like the idea of the 4 guardians list.  They really do stick around a while, and since they went down to 7 stones I really enjoy them.  Bad news for them against the saber though.

Have you tried the passing out multiple sabers with TT McCabe?

36 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I like the idea of the 4 guardians list.  They really do stick around a while, and since they went down to 7 stones I really enjoy them.  Bad news for them against the saber though.

Have you tried the passing out multiple sabers with TT McCabe?

I suspect a Wp/ranged crew would also tear the ball apart but don't have one to try. Have just recently seen an allusion to a Lucyball variant--fewer positive Wp flips and less healing (and insufficient nerd rage on Lucius' damage track), but Df7 double defensive guardians are just rude.

I don't play 10T but if I wanted to dupe swords I'd fire up an ancient shareware adventure game and throw swords at the wall. :P

• Like 1

On 8/10/2017 at 5:11 PM, Gnomezilla said:

I suspect a Wp/ranged crew would also tear the ball apart but don't have one to try. Have just recently seen an allusion to a Lucyball variant--fewer positive Wp flips and less healing (and insufficient nerd rage on Lucius' damage track), but Df7 double defensive guardians are just rude.

I don't play 10T but if I wanted to dupe swords I'd fire up an ancient shareware adventure game and throw swords at the wall. :P

I think I am going to try a variation of the 4 guardians list (3 guardians, dade and a peacekeeper).  To get crazy, I'm also going to try remote mines, which I haven't used successfully before.

32 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

The regen, so they have to hurt themselves if they are hitting me, and with dig their graves and transparency in the pool it gives me some options for dropping and picking up their markers.

I like her scheme options in theory. I haven't used her myself but the two times I faced her she didn't get to perform a single offensive action on account of dying really really fast. Her ability ranges and her durability doesn't add up to me. :) 

46 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Effective Regen 2 guardians while in melee, I guess...I'd slot in Queeg instead.

Ah, had forgotten that part.

20 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I like her scheme options in theory. I haven't used her myself but the two times I faced her she didn't get to perform a single offensive action on account of dying really really fast. Her ability ranges and her durability doesn't add up to me. :) 

To be honest, I suspect she is going to cost me some stones to keep alive.  I intent to hide her behind those big bases (which might neuter my auras a bit) and keep her around.  

On a side note, it isn't even so much regen 2, because I can use hoff to generate more attacks with the ones I want to heal (need to look at the card to make sure that works tho).

• Like 1

Ran it tonight.  They were as survivable as advertised, with not a single one going down.  My opponent ran misaki with misdirection so it took a ton to take him down, since shang and sun quan were healing her.  But the peacekeeper with Hoff finished that fight, including a 11 pt RJ with debt and a single crit strike.   Had trouble actually doing schemes, but part of that was due to SQ and dealing with misaki in my grill.

• Like 1

Likewise I had them run against me and I couldn't shift a single one. First time with Nellie here, so I was focused on learning all those out-of-activation actions instead. Lessons learned:

the watcher as evidence accumulator works well

I do indeed click with burning evidence on pushes out of activation

My Phiona hates Hoffman! She likes to beat up nerds, I suppose

Contrariwise, my reporters have no idea how to effectively interview constructs

2 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

If im facing that crew with nellie, im making sure to take advantage of the aura on the printing press.  That additional damage wont be stopped by that armor.  Im also using nellies pushes to isolate hoff and kill him.  What was the strat?

Guard the Stash. Nellie is a wonder. I was able to deny strat points without even thinking too hard (and yes, rammed the emissary's face repeatedly into a tree to do it*).

I used the place of Hot Off the Presses to isolate Hoffman and a pair of incites lined up but had Phiona the Hater of Nerds* a hair out of place to finish him off before he took a useful activation. And he'd decided to go full nerd rage Hoffman again, with effigy buff. :P It's silly but man does he fish out disproportionate quantities of red jokers with that torch!

To be honest, though, the guardians are fairly survivable even without pulse heal help. The armored-up one found tomes--my peacekeeper didn't.

I did pack loads of plink damage but didn't grasp how to stack it until turn four or so. (Also hired the lawyer for laughs but incite gave it a chance to be useful for once. Not great, but Fees stacked along with the rest.)

Who hits first, smell-fear-but-better Phiona or angry-mob other model? I think Phiona...and the interruption was yet another confusing thing. I could learn to like Nellie,  but she is complicated!

*journalists are bullies

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

Who hits first, smell-fear-but-better Phiona or angry-mob other model? I think Phiona...and the interruption was yet another confusing thing. I could learn to like Nellie,  but she is complicated!

Smell Fear and other abilities like it resolve after the original action ends. Phiona's "It's me you're fighting" attack will be after the entire Nellie's action with all its triggers.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

To be honest, I suspect she is going to cost me some stones to keep alive.  I intent to hide her behind those big bases (which might neuter my auras a bit) and keep her around.  

On a side note, it isn't even so much regen 2, because I can use hoff to generate more attacks with the ones I want to heal (need to look at the card to make sure that works tho).

It doesn't. However, my opponent's reaction to the idea of Allison Dade accompanying guardians was still, and I quote, *sputter*. :o Throw in a hound or two for activation control and superior damage track?

• Like 1