Merc Nellie Theoryfaux

Cadaverousbirth

With Nellie available for Black Friday I will finally be able to get my hands back into the Guild full swing for GG2017. I thought it would be fun to theoryfaux about Nellie abusing Embedded and hiring her max of four mercs. Here's the current list in mind:

Nellie, 6 cache - Delegation, Embedded, Misleading Headlines

Printing Press

Strongarm Suit - Debt to the Guild

Bishop - Numb to the World

Trapper

Trapper

Reporter

Reporter

blahblahblah strats and schemes blah. Considering that you would take Embedded regardless of anything else, what do you think works best for Nellie here in a general sense? I.E. you go to a tournament with only Nellie, what models would you consider over others?

• Like 2

I think what it will come down to with Austringers vs. Trappers is board/terrain dependent. I played a game yesterday that was a sniper's moist dream with a large vantage point and no big buildings, just woods.

If it was a downtown board or something similar I think Nellie with goold ol'Frank and Phiona with Austringers would be better. Is there any merc at 6ss or under that are as worth taking as Trappers? Johan springs to mind vs. Resser filth.

2 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

I've barely put the performer down since I've assembled her, though Divergent Paths scenarios called for her maybe more than regular play does.

What does the Strongarm Suit do particularly? I just can't get a grip on him.

Ooooh that's a good one *furiously buys the alt on Black Friday* Big Jake and Sue should probably get mentions too...

Mr.Punchy McPunchface does pretty much that. He's extremely tanky with Armor +2 and the heals but his main draw is the Augmented Jump. Your opponent thinks they're safe engaging him, until he scampers off to annihilate their backfield. He also has a good gun with his zero action bringing it to Sh7, so pretty versatile. I think the Peacekeeper with Numb would be better in a Extraction/Show of Force scenario since he just has to park there and stomp away, but if you want more mobility the Strongarm provides the goods, at a slight discount too.

• Like 2

It looks solid enough to me, your list strikes me as a good blueprint on what we can do with Nellie that is Merc heavy. The list is rather straight forward but thats really not a problem whatsoever. 

What I do wonder about still is how much this list needs Field Reporters, or how much Nellie needs Scheme runners in general... I base this on the option Nellie has to support a combat heavy crew incredibly well while the acces to Fast will always increase your Scheme game.

I understand that from a thematic perspective they are awesome but I still do wonder about their functionality for a competative setting. I feel the Field Reporters are a Guild changer however become relevant if this is what the Schemes come for. Without doubt I will thake two of them with me for any tournament that allows us to play multiple lists but I do not feel they are mandatory, they are just simply amazing for us because we didn't have a great non-Watcher Scheme runner before.

44 minutes ago, JDAntoine said:

because we didn't have a great non-Watcher Scheme runner before.

Quote deletion for emphasis. This is really the biggest thing coming out of Wave 4 for us. Watcher and Austringers were our only options to complete schemes without the strict "kill everyone first" policy. When your deck is cold or your opponent is mean, or both, we lose.

I'm sure Fast Bishop (Fishop? Bishast?) would love to complete Convict Labor  ;)

• Like 2

How about

depends on the Schemes ofcourse but I imagine 3 Ronin, double austringer, Reporter, press with ss open for some  to sound quite funny. Especially against our armoured friends.

I actually think ronin are quite underrated in outcasts, and with 6SS they are a solid choice, with the boardcontrol Nellie offers, and their inability to be charged they actually perform suprisingly good.

Maybe fill the rest with an anti rang/casting element merc if playing against arcanist, or maybe Anna?

Johan is my favorite merc with nellie.  she solves a lot of his issues.

I havent tried it yet, but in a trap heavy list killjoy becomes interesting.  traps, especially ones which block a way or you can propaganda a lot of models into, tend to get attacked.  

Ive wanted to experiment with Ama for pushing people into her hazardous, but havent tried it yet.

Lust and envy are both interesting.  gluttony wants to work with scathing review or transperency, but there are just too many moving parts imo.  and sloth (though you still pay for it) is a nice control option who really should be a point less.

Ive been considering mctavish and burt, but I havent tried them yet.