bad match ups

Corwin

I've tried that with my Molly crew as well. Oh, Black Blood is a pulse? Well damn. Let me just summon some Punk Zombies in to try and hurt you... Oh, the summon is a pulse too? Damn it. Then let's have Molly make the Punk Zombie do a Slice and Dice action - shoot, that's a pulse too... Never have my opponent been so happy with his Freikorps suits :-)

• Like 1

I've often faced Rasputina with melee only nephilim crews. That Sub Zero trigger is a killer, although we can hit hard anyway. Killing them might kill you (and vice-versa with black blood), and she spams blasts in the middle of the fights...talk about a carnage. It was still fun though.

1 hour ago, Wifstrand said:

I've tried that with my Molly crew as well. Oh, Black Blood is a pulse? Well damn. Let me just summon some Punk Zombies in to try and hurt you... Oh, the summon is a pulse too? Damn it. Then let's have Molly make the Punk Zombie do a Slice and Dice action - shoot, that's a pulse too... Never have my opponent been so happy with his Freikorps suits :-)

I feel guilty for giggling as much as I did, so have this synopsis from the Guild boards just after my opponent changed factions:

"[After Von Schill destroyed McCabe], I decided to play the most aggressive game I know how, and she felt sorry for me and decided to bring a less shooty crew.

Yep."

The truly bonkers part was when my steam arachnid swarm (hugging a stash marker just so, and thus blocking a certain avenue of attack) tanked an entire whirlwind sequence. I kept apologizing for my flips, protesting that Hoffman vs. Viktorias was supposed to end in robot tears, this was known, this was not representative of a typical game.

My list includes: Lucius vs Raspy, Lucius vs summoning Dreamer, Lucius vs Ramos, Lucius vs Kirai, Lucius vs Mei Feng and Lucius vs Ulix just to name a few.

Basically Lucius does not like armour or incorporeal or sh-resistant things. There isn't a whole lot of things he likes to be honest ;) 

I tend to build lists that aren't too lopsided on one mechanic or victory path, so bad matchups are rare for me.  

I do try to look hard at a table and try to use terrain and deployment to create bad matchups for my opponent - creating situations where my opponent has to make a choice between too bad alternatives 

• Like 1

As a gremlin player, I tried Brewmaster against Pandora.  It was pretty back and forth, but I did have her locked down a little bit in the contest.  Pandora ended up winning against me, but she had a rough time.  Brew is one of the only ones that can be a real danger to her, because he can tank her Wp, which is the same as tanking her Df when you bring the big hitters in.

For Neverborn, my worst match up was how I started the game.  I picked up Pandora first, and my friend was advised by the local shop to get Rasputina, so for the first month or two that's all I had to go on was Pandora v Rasputina.  Which I actually consider a blessing.  I don't have a problem against her anymore, mostly because I don't like paralyze Pandora and tremendously favor capitalizing on Misery damage.  In retrospect, it might be because of that early match-up that I never liked paralyze Pandora, but I love Misery so I could care less why I got to it.

• Like 1