Jorogumo scale?

Bumpasses

Are the Jorogumo's scaled correctly?

I had to hack and chop legs from all three to get to a decent pose that didn't have the legs all curled under like it was a dead bug.

Going to have to green stuff some joints and hair patches to cover my hack job.

I was trying to mimic the art.

Dwarfs Izamu...

-j

joro copy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I honestly feel they really screwed up here. They're so ridiculously impractical. You're constantly fiddling with terrain that you might want to get closer than an inch to, it's impossible to enter any buildings or bridges, and even just transportation is hell. I tend to just proxy them with either just about any 50mm unit or blast markers. Maybe the sculptors should've had a peek at the card and notice it didn't say Ht6 and 80mm

• Like 5

They do fit on their 50mm base. @Bumpasses didn't like the stock leg pose and adjusted accordingly, which also meant he needed more area to attach the model to its base (it looks fantastic btw).

The Ml5 hurts a little but you should be hitting often enough to make them earn their points (or if they're summoned, even better). Even taking one they're really survivable. HtW and HtK plus Eat Your Fill means they will take a beating. For my own anecdotal evidence I had one rush Molly and Sybelle and survived two turns with the latter and a summoned Punk Zombie. He took disproportional resources to put down. They're not unkillable, but very tough for 9ss. Also three with McCabe...mmmmhmmmmm.....

Mine fit fine on the base. Didn't really love the "curled up like a bug" pose, but didn't hate it either. I did put them on top of some cork board to pass as large steppe rocks. I stand by the same mentality with them as with warpigs, I wouldn't usually hire them, but they make great summons. (though the pig did get a fix upgrade, but that's neither here nor there) 

As a summon they are great. Even if you are just going to let them flicker out at the end of turn rather than keep them around, they have a 3" melee range and a 0 to push or make an extra 1" attack, so they can really hold down a decent piece of the board and let you scoot around and scheme run. But without getting too Asami centered...

With the smoke and shadows upgrade they can teleport across the board fairly easily, though since most of their survivability is in killing something to heal, it may just be better to activate them. It's also worth mentioning that they can be taken in outcasts by Misaki, though I'm not really sure what inherent benefits outcasts provide for them. 

Definitely will keep me to fielding/assembling only 1.

Wish he hit a tad harder or could carry some additional def tech (upgrade).

For all the work to assemble and paint and his size, he seems easy to take down from what I haz red.

Ironically the Minion status is also one of their drawcards, as it allows McCabe to Reactivate them (who can also conveniently throw around some upgrades and give them some Promises loving), gain buffs from Toshiro and the Emissary, and get teleporting antics from Smoke & Shadows. Sure, they miss out on Recalled Training, but I think I'd prefer them to remain as Minions to be honest.

• 1 month later...

Good to see Wyrd has finally sorted out those scale problems from a few years ago :rolleyes: Wyrd obviously has no qualms with making huge, I practically oversized plastics, yet theyll defend making a small Nekima (and charging $35 for it) who is actually supposed to be huge. Not seeing the consistency here. Does anyone even check the renders before they go to print?

On ‎4‎.‎9‎.‎2016 at 6:26 PM, tadaka said:

This model and the emmesary are both inmpractial as hell. There is 0 reason to keep making 50mm models that dont fit on the damn bases

Back when Avatars were still supposed to be coming with minis and such, I recall Nathan(?) mentioning that Shenlong's Avatar was this huge dragon that was to be the first Malifaux mini on a 80mm base. I wonder if the Emissary might have begun his life as something else...

Edit: Ah, with a bit of digging, Chronicles 10 had the preview Shenlong Avatar card and that was Ht 4 with a 70mm base size. In any case, 70mm base would handle the Emissary (and the Jorogumo!) quite a bit better, most likely.