Word of advice for starting Guild players from a starting Guild player

ringsnake

Just a quick word of advice to new players to the game drawn to the Guild.

Don't start your Malifaux experience with Lucius, and ESPECIALLY don't do that when your opponent is playing Lilith. Just trust me on this, you will spare yourself a ton of butthurt. 

On a positive note, my second game I took McMourning as a Resser with just the boxed set models, and apart from messing up near the end of the game on order of activation, could have pretty comprehensively curbstomped my opponent. Paralyzing Nakima with a Nurse is so good, so very very good...

If you want to stick with Guild, after doing some reading and wrapping my head around the game a bit more, I see how Lucius can be good, but he's no master for a beginning player. The game makes my head hurt bad enough without going to the most subtle, combo intensive, and tricksy master in the Guild faction.

• Like 2

Hahah sound advice. I feel sorry for new players, sometimes they approach with very difficult masters, and then they get turned off the game as a whole because of that. This happened to a guy at my LGS, who wanted to start with Gremlins, and chose Brewmaster (!!!)

I love the Brewmaster, but I'm an experienced player, and he's so so tricky to use, possibly the trickiest Gremlin! I don't think the poor guy has won a single game yet...

• Like 1