Ryin

I'm not at Gen Con, so I don't have the specifics in front of me, but people are posting stuff on facebook, so I'll piece together what I can.

New gremlins are called Banjonista.  They're support models and have an attack that ignores armor.  Being called support Bayou Gremlins.  Have a push aura for friendly models.

Swine-Cursed or swinetor, I'm not sure the correct name (both are being used for some reason), the were-gremlins, as a (0) action can switch between gremlin and pig, and heal when they shift.  They have a built-in Glowy.

The monster looking guys are Akaname, poison users, so Brewmaster gets new toys.  They're also Oni and 10T, so the new master can summon them.  They can spread a lot of poison, or lower poison on enemies to drop schemes (I'm assuming they mean Scheme markers).

As far as the rest of the models in Zipp's crew, I just know the henchmen has leap and can eat scheme markers (probably on a trigger) and can gain armor (permanent for the game, not end of turn) every time he does.  Probably not the most reliable piece of information, but in a few days Schemes and Stones will have all the new boxes discussed on his show.  Yesterday was guild, today was Neverborn.  So they'll do a short review of Zipp in a couple of days, just touching on the rest of his box (upgrades and other models) instead of talking about him.  Probably the best source of information until the books are more widely available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Akaname? Wow, was not expecting to see that.

The akaname is the "filth licker", and a "personification of the fear of using a dark bathroom late at night". Its a monster that licks up soap scum, mildew, and other gross stuff.

My first thought was that it spells out "A.k.a. name" which very much sounds like placeholder, funny that it also means something. :) 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Four_N_Six said:

Swine-Cursed or swinetor, I'm not sure the correct name (both are being used for some reason), the were-gremlins, as a (0) action can switch between gremlin and pig, and heal when they shift.  They have a built-in Glowy.

When they switch do you replace the models? Or do they just cycle a condition or something? If it's different models is the art the pig or gremlin form (i.e. do they get more gremlin-like or more pig-like, or is there perhaps three forms (since the art looks kind of in the middle)?).

When you say built in Glowy, do you mean they have the "Magical" condition so that the Ooo Glowy upgrade also works on them? Or just a similar effect?

3 minutes ago, Bengt said:

When they switch do you replace the models? Or do they just cycle a condition or something? If it's different models is the art the pig or gremlin form (i.e. do they get more gremlin-like or more pig-like, or is there perhaps three forms (since the art looks kind of in the middle)?).

When you say built in Glowy, do you mean they have the "Magical" condition so that the Ooo Glowy upgrade also works on them? Or just a similar effect?

No model-swapping.  They just swap the Gremlin Characteristic for the Pig Characteristic (or vice-versa) and trade the Embraced melee trigger for Stampede (or vice-versa).  And yes, they start the game with the Magical condition, no Wong necessary.

sounds like a good book, more armor cracking, more scheme hate, more banjo, weregrempigs, and a chance to use my old timey radio voice to monologue a new crew box.

Join us next time as Captain Zipp, Sky Pirate of Tomorrow and his brave crew of raiders is joined by bathroom monsters. Once More Into The Sky.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Four_N_Six said:

Sammy is going see a lot more use in my Wong crews