Your favorite healer.

Gremlin66

5 hours ago, Nosilloc said:

With lightning bugs, are you shooting your own guy to heal him and everyone around him?  Well, as long as you don't kill him on accident I guess.

The Heal is a Pulse so won't Heal the initial target but otherwise, yes, that's the idea. Somer's Do it Like Dis gets you Masks that the Heal Trigger needs and it's incidentally also the Suit that's needed for Somer's Summoning - combo! Note also that Lenny nearby can mitigate the damage to the initial target.

• Like 1

Both slop haulers and lightning bugs are awesome healers.

With Som'er, lightning bugs are way more strong because you build a :mask to summon gremlin...so you can heal all 6 of them by just hitting somer once.

In other cases...it really depends but slop healer tend to be more reliable and self-dependent.

• Like 1

I really like putting Quality Mash liquor on Old Major in my Ulix crews, mostly to heal Ulix while Ulix heals the pigs. It's 3 stones cheaper than a slop hauler and while I think slop haulers are fantastic, so does everyone else and they try to kill them quickly.  Old Major had a huge target on him to begin with so it doesn't hurt for him to have more healing. His buffs, massive wounds for birthin' and proximity to a prodding Ulix means he's probably pulling his weight even if he's only healing. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

I will sometime try to put it on lenny, as he stops using his AP after tossing a few people and being lured to the right place

You can't put it on Lenny because it's Henchman or Master only, and he's an Enforcer.

9 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

The Heal is a Pulse so won't Heal the initial target but otherwise, yes, that's the idea. Somer's Do it Like Dis gets you Masks that the Heal Trigger needs and it's incidentally also the Suit that's needed for Somer's Summoning - combo! Note also that Lenny nearby can mitigate the damage to the initial target.

I could have sworn the game text said it healed the target and then a pulse from it. But I've misread cards before.

If there's any scheme running, or I'm running Brewmaster, I bring Fingers.  I had a game last week with him where Brewmaster should have died a few times and just wouldn't (also had Drinking "Problem" on Fingers).  Mostly because he can go reckless and then heal 3 times with no TN to hit first.  He's also very resilient, and I don't think I've played a game where he's died when I wanted him kept alive.

If I don't bring Fingers, I almost always have Trixie with QML.  In situations like that, it's for emergency healing only, she isn't dedicated to it, and I usually do it when Show of Force is in the pool, even if I don't take it.  So she can just stay near the center and try to deny it for my opponent.