Sacrifical lambS

Blacks85

Generally speaking, if you have to participate into a tournament where - for logistic reasons - you can't bring the complete faction with you ....what you would sacrifice?

Considering wave 4 is legal (and yes...the nightmare of 5 skeeters is real) and the tournament will use GG2016 rules !

Based on my - still very poor - experience with Gremlin I'd say:

• Bayou gators. Any of you had a positive or - at least not bad :P - experience with them?
  • Whisky Golem...is this of any use with Brewy or outside from it?
  • Zipp? Too early to say...surely a slot for one master will be kept, but the 3 mechanical skeeters...Oh, god.
  • Hog whisperer. Never tried this, do you like - does it deserve a spot?
  • 1 Moon shinobi, 1 Slop hauler, 1 Lightning bug, 1/2 Wild boars
  • Gremlin taxidermist...sorry, you didn't make it :D
  • Lucky effigy, Lovely assistant 
  • Pere ravager...any cool tale about it?
  • How many bayou gremlins / Piglets / Stuffed piglets would you take?

This would probably be my call!

Any of the above you'd take into account seriously? Or what else we can leave at home with #NoRegrets ?

:D

I love the Hog Whisperer. First of all, his Ml can be utterly insane and I've had many an opponent being surprised by the Hog Whisperer coming up to them, Focusing, and murdering their big beatstick utterly dead. Cg 8, Reckless and 2" Ml range is nothing to sneeze at, either. Their Dg track has the dreaded 1 weak but you can use them against Armored targets as they will either cause real damage or ping for ones like most others.

Second, Reactivate is bonkers. Crazy with the big Pigs, naturally, but also really good stuff with the smaller ones as well. I often use it on a Piglet on the first turn to get him to Truffles my Slop Haulers. Note that the damage inflicted by Stik'm can be reduced (e.g., by Lenny or Armor or whatnot). 

I would drop Brewie - don't really see a role for him.

• Like 2

I have to agree with Math on the Hog Whisperer he is really good. I tend to use him more with Somer than with anyone else. Being able to turn piglets that die into scheme markers can be really good for certain schemes like plant explosives as it is a relatively easy way to get scheme markers into a large clump of enemy models.

I like Pere but only really take him when frame for murder is in the pool. I have launched him, Burt and a skeeter forward with the pigapult before which was fun as you could use Burts slippery to make the enemy hit Pere and if he dies Burt is immune to the pulse damage. The skeeter was fired forward just to add rams to the duel totals to help make Pere and Burt even more scary.

4 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I love the Hog Whisperer.

Fair enough! I will certainly try it next time...do you play with Ulix / maybe Som'er only?

4 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I would drop Brewie - don't really see a role for him.

Unfortunately I think the same.

Anyone loving the brewmaster and knowing some reason why we should bring it to the field?

I mean, some schemes - strat combination where he can shine out from the blue?

20 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

the aPORKalipse

"aPORKalipse" made my day

:P:P:P

From what I hear the Brew Master is best in a Ten Thunders build where the model pool is a bit more amicable. Hoping that perhaps he'll receive something that makes him a bit more useful in the Gremlin Faction.

I would also throw my support behind the Hog Whisperer, a really nice model in an awful lot of situations.

I have only used my Gators once, but I had two of them and they were pretty effective.  I frequently find myself needing an extra cheap model or two, and I feel like Gators do well.  If I just need someone to tie things up in melee.  If I need some flexibility, I'll use Lightning Bugs.

I love the Whiskey Golem.  I don't bring it with Brewmaster, but I do with Mah Tucket frequently.  He's fast, he smacks, he can defend himself well.  Besides, big guy with Nimble that can still Flurry is rough.

I also love Brewmaster.  I use him in almost every tournament I play in.  You just have to get past the desire to trap a ton of models drinking.  If you can lock down one or two, especially if one is the master, then you have a huge advantage.  Then you can just use his AP to give important targets or highly dangerous models negative twists to EVERYTHING and they're either not a problem for you, or pretty much can't be kept alive if you're really trying to focus it down.  I've wanted to try a list with Brewmaster using heavy melee attack models.  He gives a target Swill, and the melee storm just trashes it while it can't protect itself.

57 minutes ago, Blacks85 said:

Fair enough! I will certainly try it next time...do you play with Ulix / maybe Som'er only?

Mostly with Zoraida and Mah and sometimes with Wong. Zoraida and Mah both love Pigs and the extra control and Reactivate that a Hog Whisperer gives is golden. And really, forgetting the Pig Synergy(!!), comparing the Hog Whisperer to a Gator and I feel that it's a tough match-up on who is better.