Best range Sh/Ca model with Ramos starter?

Trixter

December Acolytes, they are very good with their slow and discard. They can also negate Armour and Hard to Wound in a pinch.

Silent Ones, decent damage, bit of AE, gets the occasional extra attacks from a trigger (you probably wont want to cheat any :tome to get it with Ramos). (0) Heal is always useful. The opponent need to plan around Statue to effectively kill them.

Lazarus, solid damage, AE, 3 attacks with Auto fire, can copy Electrical Fire for another attack, or Arcing Screen/Steam Cloud for some defence, or (0) self heal.

20 minutes ago, Strype McClaine said:

If your going Powered by Flame Ramos/Joss.
Maybe a gunsmith to do things the hardway.
Or go big and bring a big shooty Lazarus...get the construct bonuses from Ramos, and steal his spider summoning?

Can't steal spider summoning, since it names a model. You could steal any of his other actions though, so you could get a fourth attack or blow up a spider or something.

No real construct bonuses to be had from Ramos either (except healing I suppose). Arcing Screen affects everyone, and Under Pressure is Ml attacks only (which could affect him, but not really ideal for Laz to be in melee range. Suppose Brass Arachnid can reactivate him, which could be rude, especially if you Mobile Toolkit for the + to damage flips for more likely blasting.
If you run him though, you may need to drop Howard, because 33SS for 3 (plus Ramos) before upgrades is a bit much. Could maybe make it work in a killing based pool though.

1 minute ago, BFOmega said:

Can't steal spider summoning, since it names a model. You could steal any of his other actions though, so you could get a fourth attack or blow up a spider or something.

No real construct bonuses to be had from Ramos either (except healing I suppose). Arcing Screen affects everyone, and Under Pressure is Ml attacks only (which could affect him, but not really ideal for Laz to be in melee range. Suppose Brass Arachnid can reactivate him, which could be rude, especially if you Mobile Toolkit for the + to damage flips for more likely blasting.
If you run him though, you may need to drop Howard, because 33SS for 3 (plus Ramos) before upgrades is a bit much. Could maybe make it work in a killing based pool though.

I think you'd get powered by flame wouldn't you?
I forgot that assimilate wouldn't work with a named model in there. But being able to steal any of the other activation would still be pretty good. Forgot that Under pressure was MI only.
Brass Arachnid Stealing would be pretty slick.....
I run a heavy elite list with ramos anyways...
I've gone Ramos + Howard + Joss + Brass + Toolkit  (toDie) + Upgrades + Soft SwapSpot (Usualy Elite) and then just spider spam to fill out activation..

1 minute ago, BFOmega said:

You would get Powered by Flame, but that's not Ramos specific, so I wasn't counting that.

Right. I just think of Joss/Ramos as holding various buffs and turning into a battle-station around them. Getting laz-blasts with burning seems pretty, pardon the pun, pretty hawt.

Agreed, I've been trying to figure out the best way to do it in a Colette crew personally, to take advantage of the Prompts. Joss/Laz with some Large Arachnids/Rail Workers could be interesting as a starting point. Might be strong in a Turf War type scenario.