Unboxing Malifaux - 'Malifaux Raptors'

GMort

35 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

Nice models, but very disappointing if they don't come with flight stands!

35 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

Been curious if the lack of flight stands was intended or not myself.  I'm staring at mine trying to figure out how I'm supposed to attach them to a base.

I've spoke to a number of people and am yet to find any-one who received flight stands in their boxes. Clear rod is available from most hobby stores and many people have flight stands from other companies spare so it's not a major problem. You could also attach them to a scenery piece in the same manner as the original metal ones were mounted...

Malifaux%2BRaptors%2B-%2BM2E%2B-%2BCompa

• Like 1

What's the things at the wingtips? Is it  claws or tiny feathers? They look a little odd to me.

---

I wont care about the lack of flight stands myself, I've replaced them with steel wire on other models anyway. So if there aren't any included that's less oil used I guess. :P 

---

Thanks for the unboxings.

7 minutes ago, Bengt said:

What's the things at the wingtips? Is it  claws or tiny feathers? They look a little odd to me.

They look like tiny claws more than feathers but you could paint them as either I suppose. You could also remove them altogether if you wish as they're right on the corners.

Just now, GMort said:

They look like tiny claws more than feathers but you could paint them as either I suppose. You could also remove them altogether if you wish as they're right on the corners.

They almost look like bone-spurs or something, coming right out of the end of the wing like that.

I.. don't know if that's a thing.  I guess the Slate-Ridge Mauler is a bear.. with spikes coming out of it all over, so I guess Arcanist aren't oppose to pokey-critters.

1 hour ago, krazyCarl said:

At first, I thought they were pegs to mount a wingtip onto, but there weren't any wingtips on the sprues.  Looking closer, the might just be venting for the casting, so that the molding details fill out completely.

You can see them on the renders and the instructions, so they are definitely meant to be a part of the model.

• Like 1