Ironsides crew help

Aa7

Heya everyone, I have a small three game event to attend and I want to field Ironsides in all three games so I get more used to her before I start on my next crew box. What I was hoping for is some list suggestions please. I have a fairly broad selection of arcanist models to use but have no Marcus crew box so no suggestions of Miranda or beasts but almost anything else is ok.

The first round is reconnoiter with show of force, leave your mark, neutralise the leader, frame for murder and CL on flank deployment

Round two is extraction with catch and release, show of force, exhaust their forces, occupy their turf and CL with standard deployment

Round three is collect the bounty with hunting party, take prisoner, search the ruins, undercover entourage and CL with close deployment

what I am struggling with is writing a list for each round that will probably work cause I'm so used to going Ironsides warding ruins challenge crowd then captain warding ruins and patrons blessing with a blood ward mage then a gunsmith each time I try and write a crew that my average crew ends up at six or sometimes seven models. I was thinking of maybe trying the mech rider in the last game rather than the captain so I can push out a few extra minions but they will be coming in at half wounds so probably a bad idea and just give points away. I'm not really that fussed on where I come and just play for the fun of it but some help with lists from more experienced players to maybe get me at least one win would be a bonus haha so what list ideas for each round would you guys take if you were to play these rounds as Ironsides?

For game 1 I would go with something more or less like:

Ironsides, Angelica with Practised Production, Arcane Effigy, Mech Rider/Howard, Firestarter, Gunsmith, Mage

Schemes: Frame For Murder if you take Howard, Leave Your Mark done with Firestarter, Effigy and Angelica. Show of Force is a bit counter-intuitive because if you score Show of Force then the models don`t score Reconnoiter. 

Game 2 is tricky due to some crappy schemes :D

I would probably go with Exhaust their Forces and Show of Force. Would probably take Captain with Patron for Show of Force. I would probably have a lot of pushes to be able to do (2) interacts, so Angelica might also work.

Game 3:

2-3 Mages (for hunting party), Firestarter for Undercover Entourage, Captain is also nice, Howard can also instakill someone for Hunting Party. 

• Like 2

Mech Rider would be good for the first one. Large Arachnids are always good but they need something to Push them around. I've been replacing Captain with Angelica for half the points and Practiced Production is really good. Arcane Effigy and/or Johan is also kinda mandatory.

I would go with that as a core. Then, if you need more Scheing ability, Firestarter is a good choice or if you need more durability, then maybe Joss. And of course, if you need hitting power, then Howard.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, trikk said:

For game 1 I would go with something more or less like:

Ironsides, Angelica with Practised Production, Arcane Effigy, Mech Rider/Howard, Firestarter, Gunsmith, Mage

Schemes: Frame For Murder if you take Howard, Leave Your Mark done with Firestarter, Effigy and Angelica. Show of Force is a bit counter-intuitive because if you score Show of Force then the models don`t score Reconnoiter. 

Game 2 is tricky due to some crappy schemes :D

I would probably go with Exhaust their Forces and Show of Force. Would probably take Captain with Patron for Show of Force. I would probably have a lot of pushes to be able to do (2) interacts, so Angelica might also work.

Game 3:

2-3 Mages (for hunting party), Firestarter for Undercover Entourage, Captain is also nice, Howard can also instakill someone for Hunting Party. 

Game 1 I had been thinking of a similar list but had Captain and a union Miner in there instead of Mech rider/Langston. I do like the idea of the Mech rider in there now though and dropping the Captain to make it fit. Thanks

Game 2 was making my head hurt and I couldn't think of which schemes to take except show of force since it's going to be a push to the centre for the extraction target but with Angelica to push models in and still have 2ap interacts available for exhaust it is looking a bit simpler to choose and hopefully the Captain will be able to keep some of the enemy away from the centre with his air burst 

Game 3 I have never had much luck with two or more Mages which is why I have been running a single Mage and a Gunsmith. The Gunsmith seems to be a bit more survivable than the Mage with HtK and denfensive triggers. It seems every time I have run more than one Mage they are always too far apart to get the free for being within range of each other but much needed tome they require and usually die before they get a chance to do much. I find running just the one I seem to be able to keep it protected a bit better and wish they had tomes built in..any ideas for keeping them a bit more protected if running more than one?

43 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Mech Rider would be good for the first one. Large Arachnids are always good but they need something to Push them around. I've been replacing Captain with Angelica for half the points and Practiced Production is really good. Arcane Effigy and/or Johan is also kinda mandatory.

I would go with that as a core. Then, if you need more Scheing ability, Firestarter is a good choice or if you need more durability, then maybe Joss. And of course, if you need hitting power, then Howard.

Will definitely be trying the Mech rider in game 1 now that's for sure. I do like Angelica and find her awesome for her points and Practiced Production is a must have on her but the Captain can use his air burst to push other models away as well as your own crew where you need them. Angelica is great for moving your own crew especially since it just happens and doesn't need TN to succeed but I do like the defensive nature the Captain can help with. I guess that's where I need to break out of my routine and thing of the 6ss saving using her over the Captain and start looking what other models I can use those stones for. The blood ward Mage and warding runes and the Captain with his relic hammer and warding runes have been taking Johan's spot so dropping the Captain for Angelica and Jihan is a start to expanding for me lol

I think game 3 is going to be very kill orientated, what are your thoughts on Cassandra rather than Firestarter for scheme running. I think she might be a bit more survivable and her nimble is maybe as good as reckless but without the wound on yourself?

1 hour ago, Aa7 said:

Will definitely be trying the Mech rider in game 1 now that's for sure. I do like Angelica and find her awesome for her points and Practiced Production is a must have on her but the Captain can use his air burst to push other models away as well as your own crew where you need them. Angelica is great for moving your own crew especially since it just happens and doesn't need TN to succeed but I do like the defensive nature the Captain can help with. I guess that's where I need to break out of my routine and thing of the 6ss saving using her over the Captain and start looking what other models I can use those stones for. The blood ward Mage and warding runes and the Captain with his relic hammer and warding runes have been taking Johan's spot so dropping the Captain for Angelica and Jihan is a start to expanding for me lol

Aye, Captain is definitely a lot more versatile than Angelica. I just find that if I use Johan and a Large Arachnid or two I tend to mostly Push my own models and not so much the opponent since they are a bit slow. Though naturally Pushing enemies around can be very powerful in many Strategies, no denying that!

1 hour ago, Aa7 said:

I think game 3 is going to be very kill orientated, what are your thoughts on Cassandra rather than Firestarter for scheme running. I think she might be a bit more survivable and her nimble is maybe as good as reckless but without the wound on yourself?

I believe Imbued Firestarter is the king of Undercover Entourage, but Cassandra also might be a cool idea.

9 hours ago, Sybarite said:

Firestarter is ace with hand picked men :)

Had not even thought about that!!! Nice

9 hours ago, trikk said:

I will try him out with the Regen Warding Runes. First turn you can go Regen, Reckless to be at 6 Wds, and next turn you can have free reckless if you can be within 10"

Free (well almost free) Reckless..yes please. I must try this too

I personally play a fairly elite Ironsides crew, in the neighborhood of seven models.  To help with this slight activation deficit I try to kill an enemy model first turn.  Two fast gunsmiths with HPM starting their activation midfield usually drops an enforcer or henchman first turn.  You might be able to get a couple of minions instead.  

I find Ironsides to be an unsung hero in Reconnoiter and Interference.  You can put her in the middle of the board and lure everything into the center.  Not much is left for scoring after that.  Put her as your Sucker for Frame and laugh as you get the easy win.  

Round 2 is a gimme, as you'll have two models immune to conditions via Warding Runes, limiting your opponent's choices for schemes.  I find Show of Force is a fun time with arcanists as if nothing else you'll be sporting several instances of Imbued Energies.  

Round 3, hunting party is free points when you're already going for collect the bounty.  I think I might go for take prisoner, depending on where I was placing so far--it'd be a lesser choice against a tougher opponent, but I'd be very comfortable taking it if I felt confident in the pairing as Ironsides is built to score that scheme.  I'd be wary of the undercover entourage, though.  If it is in the pool and I see Firestarter, I kill firestarter as early as I can.  He's either not participating in the brawl or he's dying early because he's as tough as tissue paper.

Willie benefits quite a bit from Hand Picked Men, and if you bring Johan you'll have ample healing to keep him going.  I'd definitely consider him in any of those schemes.  He can clear out clumps of enemies and for the purposes of Collect the Bounty he's only a minion so won't earn your enemy many points when he finally dies and he'll inflict a lot more damage before that happens.  And he's cheap.  :lol: