Order of the big releases?

Wakshaani

So, the core books were first, naturally.

Next was Into the Steam, the Arcanist book that was full of other goodies as well.

Third was Under Quarantine.

Fourth I *think* is gonna be Gremlins, since we got that nice Bayou "voodoo" caster preview. That's just a guess on my part mind.

After that would still be, in no particular order, Guild, Ten Thunders, Neverborn, and Mercenaries.

Don't suppose you'd be willing to say what order those'll be in? I was in the mood to get my fandom on and whip up a few things, but I'd hate to step on your toes by dropping something into the forums that clashed with your release schedule.  I know that it'll *be* a while, since they're only dropping, what, every 4-6 months just now, but, even then, I'd feel like a jerk if I messed up. (I ask because I'd just been fiddling with some swamp voodoo myself, only to see that preview, and went, "D'oh!")

Be much obliged for any data that you can drop, good people of Upstairs!

Note the word "potential". ;)  Just because of the amount of material involved, there are probably a bunch of ideas in development at once.  If someone gets inspired concerning a topic, the book for that topic is probably going to move forward and get published faster.

Compare that to the fairly direct wording in the preview:  http://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2016/4/18/monday-preview-a-new-pursuit

Today's Monday Preview is a look at a new Pursuit from the upcoming Into the Bayou! This Pursuit is known as the Bokor and gives players access to all sorts of Bayou magic.

Into the Bayou is an upcoming expansion book for Through the Breach that covers the vast Bayou, as well as the many creatures that call it home. Notably, players will be able to create Gremlin characters and finally learn just who has the biggest hat of them all.

but a release time frame is still vague.

So far the expansion books have been focusing on areas and the associated topics, not the wargame factions.  And if Shifting Loyalties is any indication, there's a lot of Earthside material would need to be included in an expansion that focused on the activities in a certain hidden mountain settlement.

The Bayou being "The Gremlin book" means that the woods will likely be "The Neverborn Book", which is fine and dandy as that's a handy way to combine information into one location. Totally down for that. :) The Guild needs one, IMHO, just to detail how the thing works, both on Earthside and on Breachside. For example: How does one become a licensed mage? Clearly there are those who aren't, your "Witches" and the like, while the Guild officially wants everyone to learn mechanical-themed spellcasting, but the Oxford Method is called out as one that's legit as well. So, clearly there's some kind of "Guild membership" that you can get which allows you to casts spells, if in a restricted capacity. Who're the big names in there? What kinds of internal politics do we not se? Who *is* the Governor-General? (U.S. Grant, in my home game but your mileage may vary) ... there's a ton of goodies in there thatI'd love to read about.

Or write about, but I figure they're doing that inhouse instead of hiring freelancers. A shame, since with L5R in hibernation, I've got room in my calendar for contract work, but hey.  

From the Kickstarter Campaign this is what was planned

c55f346810484bbddd491a67b203e6ba_origina

Would be surprised not to see a Ten Thunders specific book at some point, and honestly I think a Guild specific book would be a good idea as well since I dont think the core books did a very good job of presenting that option of player character. The core books seemed more like presenting Mercenary options more than anything else, though I think a smaller organizations supplement would be a good idea.

... You know, I'd managed to forget that the whole thing started as a Kickstarter. Huh!

And, yeah, a Guild book before Guild Wars would probably make things much more smooth, but...

With that in mind, I think I might put more of my thinkin' meats towards some Guild stuff. I've already done a bit of that in the player creation forum, but if the path is fairly clear, I could go in deeper. Which could be fun!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2016 at 5:37 PM, Wakshaani said:

... You know, I'd managed to forget that the whole thing started as a Kickstarter. Huh!

And, yeah, a Guild book before Guild Wars would probably make things much more smooth, but...

With that in mind, I think I might put more of my thinkin' meats towards some Guild stuff. I've already done a bit of that in the player creation forum, but if the path is fairly clear, I could go in deeper. Which could be fun!

I always love to see more work on the player creation forum, makes me feel a lot less like I'm trying to monopolize the place and/or waiting for Mason-Senpai to notice me:P

please don't ban me for calling you senpai Mason...

Otherwise, I really do agree on the idea of both a guild and TT book, they're both factions that beg for additional information and rules, not to mention a quick flip through either faction gets you a full ten+ class ideas in seconds. I'd love martial and ki arts for the thunders, not to mention it'd be nice to see a department layout and manifesto for the guild.