The Month of Mei

retnab

Hey all, so now that we're in May I thought it was time to get going the Month of Mei (Feng)!  I got in two games with Mei today (win vs Misaki 9-5, loss vs Lynch 3-9... lol) and I plan on trying to squeeze Mei into as many non-tournament games as I can this month to get more experience (and fun) in with her and I challenge you, my fellow Arcanist players, to do the same :) Let's get some good Arcanist Mei Feng experiences going on in this thread, because to steal a line from Blizzard, this master is a-Mei-zing and needs more love on this here forum!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, so the month goes on and I haven't gotten any more Mei Feng games in, but I do have a games day tomorrow so I'm hoping to get her on the table at least once this week.

However I did have something come to mind I would like your opinions on.  I was looking at the Mobile Toolkit's (0) and noticed that while the :+fate to attack is for Ml only, the :+fate to damage is not.  Combining that with Sparks, whose (0) makes enemy or friendly models into Constructs, you could give :+fate damage to any of our Sh/Ca based models!  Obviously the December Acolyte jumps right to mind, but I think a Gunsmith or an Oxfordian Mage could be really nice with that too since you could get three shots with them.  What do you all think?  The combo only works under Mei Feng since Sparks is a non-Arcanist Foundry model, but I think we could get some scary good shooting with her here.

1 hour ago, Bengt said:

A bit too many steps for my taste. Having Mobile Toolkit "Sharpen" Lazarus' grenades are as far as I would go I think. :+fate to damage does a little extra with blasts too.

Make Mei Feng a Construct and Sharpen for positives to damage on the attack on Vapormancy and you could actually set up a big turn with her...

The :+fate dmg makes straight flips out of negative flips, but you simply won't have a hand large enough to be able to cheat too many cards for too many flips. Your gunsmith or mage has to hit 3 times which also may require high cards, then boom, you have the opportunity to cheat another 3 dmg flips from what's left in your hand. IMO it's far too much of an investment only to push their flat 2/3/4 dmg track...

18 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Make Mei Feng a Construct and Sharpen for positives to damage on the attack on Vapormancy and you could actually set up a big turn with her...

That's a good point... or make her a Construct and give her :+fate to her Ml attack flips, throw her into a crowd, and go nuts with accurate attacks!  And you're right angyi that it would be a serious card drain especially with the Oxfordians (discarding for Furious Casting) but I think I'm going to try it with the Gunsmiths, with their :+fate:+fate (against Burning targets) on top of the :+fate to damage they'd be getting and the Fast you could give them on the duel to make them Constructs you could do quite a bit of damage.

I was thinking about running Joss with Mei..... Add regenate to the Rail workers along with the defense buffs from the tome trigger and  you have a serious headache waiting for someone when you take bleeding edge tech.. *add the Rail Golem and you can March across the board with mediocre hands... 

23 hours ago, Derpology said:

I was thinking about running Joss with Mei..... Add regenate to the Rail workers along with the defense buffs from the tome trigger and  you have a serious headache waiting for someone when you take bleeding edge tech.. *add the Rail Golem and you can March across the board with mediocre hands... 

It is rather nice. Have done this in the beginning of m2e. I prefer rail workers in close or flank deploy though, or turf war where they dont have to walk so far.

• Like 1

I had some success with her in the last month ending winning a local tournament.

I really like playing high armor construct team with a few support models. The core of the gang are Mei, Howard Langstone (can be replace with Captain to save a couple of soulstones but not so good) and Angelica.

Headhunter, Guard the Stash, Extraction or Collect the bounty? Search the Ruins, Convict Labor, Hunting Party, Leave your mark, Show of force, Undercover Entourage? It's all good for them. Doesn't really work well in Interference but still viable if you have many cheap models around.

Switch on clouds on Mei and Howard and come to the center of the board. :-fate:-fate on all :ranged against your team, :-fate on all CA. Facing Neverborn or Ressurect? Take Kang for MI buffs and ignor horror duels. Facing Guild - take Rail Golem or Joss for more armor and MI threat or Lazarus for SH. Need more cover? Copy cloud from Howard with Lazarus. Facing strong casters without :ranged? Take Sue (and for some shooting too) and they still have :-fate:-fate on CA against you. Have many M&SU? Take Johan (don't have enought SS for him - take Silent one) and heal if for some reason your opponent managed to hurt you. Your opponent is stupid enough to come into melee with you the next turn - that's just great :D Push/nimble+fast+flurry from Howard or Locomotive from Rail Golem can kill almost anybody in 1 activation. Mei can finish the job if you are really unlucky.

Now i think it would be a good idea to add some sins, Envy or Lust or both, in order to make opponent discard cards or suffer damage when he comes into melee with my team. Ama no Zako looks really good too.

I lost only one game with Mei in such team when Seamus oneshot Howard on turn one flipping 11-12-13 on his only SH and Red Joker on damage. That was... unexpected ;)