Generalist Upgrade Deck, Colors?

Recently purchased a Generalist Upgrade Deck and, upon opening it, I find myself a bit disappointed. The colors of the cards (red for Guild, etc.) are quite a bit different compared to the colors found on the stat cards and upgrades that come packaged with the models.

Is this normal?

It is especially noticeable on the Outcast cards (my current faction). Whereas the Guild cards a bit darker than normal, it's not that drastic. The Outcast cards, on the other hand, are a sickly shade of yellow that borders on green. They are much harder to ignore.

It's a minor gripe, I'll be the first to admit it ... but I still consider it an unfortunate flaw.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I a special brand of OCD?

I haven't had this occur with any cards of mine yet (That I notice anyways, I haven't played all the things I own, so I may have simply not looked at all the cards that much), but it is something I've noticed on boxes.

In my local shops, they have a Colette crew on sale, and when I first saw the box set on the shelf, I was shocked and confused that Colette was a Neverborn crew.  This was based on the band of color being what I identified as purple, and compared to the Marcus box they also have on shelf the contrast was apparent.  They certainly were not the same color, although the local shop had no never born on shelf to compare (until they got in Carver), so I didn't really have a frame of reference for the shade of purple they used.

It was a little odd to me, but it's semi-understandable that the print runs will not always be the exact same.  I don't know how different they run, or if it's based on low ink for the printers or a schema of color variations that are identified to the same crews.  Either way, it's not too big of a deal, although sometimes I mistake Outcast/10T colors when 10T has a more dull orange bordering on a dark yellow, or as I stated the dark indigo looking Arcanist.

Hmm. All of the M2E Outcast crew boxes and models I've purchased have been good: The included cards are obviously yellow and very consistent. Only the Generalist Upgrade Deck has been a big departure from what I've seen thus far.

Could you post comparison pics? It would be interesting to see.

Yeah, you bet. I was actually going to include one with my previous post, but I couldn't figure out how to swing it on my phone.

I took this pic under the brightest light possible, which washes out the color somewhat and makes the difference LESS noticeable. So this is your best case scenario. Under normal or dim lighting, however, the difference between the two colors is even more pronounced.

cards_colors.jpg

Edited by Hatchethead
  • Like 1