Are Trixie/Francois/SlopHaulers AutoIncludes?

Whut

I'm convinced that the lightning bug is good with Somer now, it never actually clicked to abuse the triggers like that for some reason.

However I do have a few concerns:

1) The list you posted is 52ss. You'll have to drop 2 upgrades, but nearly everything seems pretty important. I would probably have to drop Lenny's pigs and Trixie's gun, or more likely I'd drop the slop hauler.

the list builder is down so i guesstimated. I would ditch dirty cheater and trixies gun or maybe just the skeeter... its a hard choice.

2) This can go very poorly in several ways. Firstly your list is staying completely static in a 6" bubble for the majority of the first turn. With some speed and a couple of blast markers, you're completely screwed. Also if your opponent flips a 13 or RJ for initiative, you're going to lose your overextended Somer and suddenly your list has very little punch. Also even if you win initiative, there's no guarantee that he'll be bunched up enough for 2 or 3 Thinking Luck shots to immediately win you the game.

Well in regards of the red joker or 13 or w.e... this is a game of odds and minimizing risk. I also think its very low risk to have somer killer if hes over extended a bit. Between 12 wounds his def trigger and strong stats i don't really see it. Also its not as if I'm playing totally blind if i see a mobile sonia etc i will position differently. Also im not counting on just somer to win the game. Trixie, sammy and lenny all have there way of making things difficult.

3) I'm afraid of having nothing that can really take a punch or two. Even Lenny is quick to die or be pushed with Df4 Wp1, despite his good Ml attack and 10 wounds, and while Trixie is survivable, she has to spread the damage elsewhere to do so, so you're not really mitigating anything. What's left? 6 models with Df5 and 4 Wd or less, and 2 models with Df5 and 5-6 Wd or less.

Really my issue with taking a punch is that really with the exception of masters and maybe gracie gremlins don't posses a resilient model. I personally would prefer to play to our strengths (alpha strike, out activating, high ap models.)

4) Most people on here seem to be against Somer summoning lists. Is there any reason why? How else would you use him? What do you guys play in Reconnoiter, Squatters, and Interference, because I thought Somer is perfect for those. Is there a different strategy or scheme that Somer really dominates in?

I really like the somer summoning list but the negative in my mind is that you can run out of time in a tournament setting. 

I played a tournament this saturday and in my two matches I used Fran,Trixie and a Slop Hauler. My first game was a 9-1 Win with Brewmaster against Meifeng 10T, the second match 10-4 defeat against Lilith Grow (Francois flip the black joker on a Focused Attack.... OMG I had a 13, two 12 and a 11 on my hand at that moment...)

Fran managed to kill a Hagovered Mei Feng in almost one activation, Mei at 1wd thanks to a really lucky damage prevention so i last hitted with a Binge from Wesley in my next activation.

Trixie push Katanaka Snipers and RailWorkers in my first game, and Lilith in my second...so it was a usefull model.

While I agree that a lot of the mentioned models are not really faction auto includes (they are really good with some but definitely not all crews), I would say the Slop Hauler is fairly close to an auto include regardless of crew. There is a lot of utility packed into that one model.