Ophe help

Native

You may be able to find a lone M1e Lenny floating around on the interwebs, but at some point you will need to expand into the Bayou Boss set so you may as well set aside a little cash for the box. I second Fetid on the slop haulers as well. 

Don't mourn the loss of the young per se`, you can proxy Old Cranky and you won't even miss them.

Welcome to the bayou! Once you get the hang of things, be prepared for making folks rage-quit. 

Ophelia can dish out the pain, and Francois mops 'em up.

You can also find metal blisters of the Young LaCroix. Many Gremlin players don't appreciate them but I like them quite a bit. Still, Old Cranky, as Monsternoggin suggests, is a very fine substitute so I wouldn't say that they are indispensable or anything.

In any case:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malifaux-Outcasts-Young-Lacroix-3-pack-WYR-5057-/121380891322?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c42dd6aba

As for what to get, Slop Haulers first and then Somer's box to get Lenny and Bayou Gremlins.

Quite right Math!

The young have their roles, to be sure. Reloading Ophelia's upgrades and dropping the random jug rocket barrage has definitely provided it's enjoyable moments. 

I've finally got my old cranky painted up, and have been fielding him more lately. He fits my playstyle a bit more than the young do at the moment, and his ability to buff the rest of the crew makes him a bit more versatile for me.

For me, the biggest draw of the Young is activation control. Six SS buys you three Activations which is one more than Bayous.

They are also rather nasty little buggers when they get to Focus shoot their own guns near Lenny - that 2/6/8 damage track is pretty damn boss and, as a bonus, they won't even die from full wounds unless they get Severe damage.

Bayous are of course far more versatile but if you want to kill something, the Youngs are actually not half bad.

Cranky, naturally, has utterly abilities and does very hefty damage himself - no denying that, mind.

• Like 1

Didn't you once kill like a Huggy on :-fate flips or something with a Young? :D

That particular Young first killed Ototo (from HtK, though) and then Lynch (though that last shot killed the Young as well) - Dumb Luck Severe while Lynch was at six wounds and he even prevented two. The little Young that could :D

That particular Young first killed Ototo (from HtK, though) and then Lynch (though that last shot killed the Young as well) - Dumb Luck Severe while Lynch was at six wounds and he even prevented two. The little Young that could :D

Oh right it was even worse. :D

If he isn't, I don't know when you wouldn't want to take him.  He gives out Rams giving you auto thinkin' luck trigger, gives out pseudo-armor to Ht1 friendly models, and gives you a massive boost to movement so you don't use your ap on things like... not shooting. 

Both the pigapult and Lenny only allow you to FedEx HT1 models (with a few additional restrictions depending on the model).

The saddle that Gracie can use though allows you to carry any friendly non-rooster Gremlin model. So you can have a mobile pigapult that is FedExing Gremlins into your opponents deployment zone ;)