Increasing Wk/Ch and/or Luring Models with '-' Values

jonahmaul

Question

Hi folks, so a question just popped up on AWP about Scramble (+1 Wk/Cg) and Ashen Core (Wk/Cg -) and also got me thinking about Lure's.  According to the rules models with Cg - can't declare charge actions (page +21) but how does this work if you have Scramble.  Are you now +1 Wk/Cg or because you don't have a Wk/Ch at all then you can't have a + to it?  Similarly can you lure Ashen Core/Clockwork Traps if you have Sybelle with 'Not Too Banged Up'?  Assuming you can't declare Walks if you have - as your Wk value in the same way you can't declare charges would you become Wk2 because of Not Too Banged Up and be able to be Lured 2" (because a Lure is a move not a Walk?)?

What say you fellow Wyrdo's?

15 answers to this question

- is not 0. You can't modify a stat that the model does not have.

Do you have a reference for this?  This is essentially what is unclear so it would be great to know for sure.  I can't think of anything that has a 0 characteristic so do we know for sure that - isn't just a 0 (or isn't meant to be)?

Do you have a reference for this?  This is essentially what is unclear so it would be great to know for sure.  I can't think of anything that has a 0 characteristic so do we know for sure that - isn't just a 0 (or isn't meant to be)?

P. 29, big book, Math shout-out box.

I know logic is kind of pointless when arguing things like rules in wargames....but being able to lure a bear-trap would be strange. Especially as the thing can't even move itself even if it wanted to.

Even a bear trap wants some undead action. Everyone does. It's malifaux, the beacon city for necrophilia.

• Like 2

I know logic is kind of pointless when arguing things like rules in wargames....but being able to lure a bear-trap would be strange. Especially as the thing can't even move itself even if it wanted to.

Is it any more strange than a Belle Luring an embodiment of nothingness, a Tyrant or an Ice Golem ("Why did I enchant sex drive to it? Why!?"). Or all of those things running away from Trixiebelle's charms?
  • Like 2

Or all of those things running away from Trixiebelle's charms?

If you were a malifaux model no matter what your characteristics were you'd have a special rule that granted you Gremlin characteristics when targeted with a Gremlin Lure. :D 

• Like 3

Is it any more strange than a Belle Luring an embodiment of nothingness, a Tyrant or an Ice Golem ("Why did I enchant sex drive to it? Why!?"). Or all of those things running away from Trixiebelle's charms?

It is yes. These things can all chose to move themselves. I know it doesn't need to make sense, that wasn't what I was getting at.

My point was more about the fact it can't choose to move itself so it would be strange if it could be lured. And the rules back that up.

Never really thought about this before either, but means stuff without a charge can't be gremlin lured which is nice to know.

A piece of metal being Lured is not more strange and a ghost suddenly deciding to materialise itself when falling off a building that it can fly up or walk through no problem!  Or a machine being scared of... well anything!  As you say, logic is pointless in wargames, and 'faux in particular!

Good shout on Gremlin Lure.

I was purely commenting about it as a rule. Maybe I should have made this clearer. I'ts been cleared up now, no value no walk. This not being the case is what I would have found 'strange'.

I play wargames and read fantasy, I encourage things not making sense, the escapism is what makes them so much fun!

• Like 2

A piece of metal being Lured is not more strange and a ghost suddenly deciding to materialise itself when falling off a building that it can fly up or walk through no problem!

If the ghost didn't materialize before it hits the ground, it would face an even greater problem. This is of course assuming, that ghosts for some reason are still affected by laws of inertia while immaterial, which seems to be the case in Malifaux, because they aren't capable of infinitely fast movement.