Crutch models in Neverborn

Mxbedlam

So lately I've found myself leaning very heavily on The Illuminated to do my work for me in Neverborn. They are so good at doing damage/tying up models that I have a hard time seeing outside their 7 point box. In June I will switch to my 3 other masters: Lucious, Lilith and Collodi for a six month spin with them and I want to see if I can branch out from my go to Illuminated.

Which models do you hang onto maybe more than you should? What do you think could replace them in your lists?

Maybe not replace so much as use for a different role, but waldergeist, young neph, and even depleted can do some of what illuminated do, maybe better than they can. I've messed with Lucius grow lists, and they can do pretty nicely.

That being said, often my first add with Lucius is 2 illuminated. Just think of it as different when you give them black blood with a BBS.

Doppelganger. That ability to cheat the initiative flip is such a buffer against plans gone awry. Not to mention interacting while engaged and the ability to double up on a key ability in a give turn. Every time I leave her at home I end up regretting it. 

• Like 1

Waldgeists are one that I have been relying on more and more. They are durable and can really tie up opponents.

Barbaros is the other one. He's a bit pricey, but stick him in the middle of the table and throw out Challenge. Your opponents will either burn through cards or end up trying to kill him. He's durable enough and can use soul stones to prevent that this will keep them busy for quite some time. For added fun, combine willpower debuffs or things like Teddy that can get free swings to ensure your opponent is even more nervous about targeting any models.

Remember too that Challenge also your opponent from targeting their own friendly models without the check...

I found out the power of Stitched with Collodi the other day and its so good it hurts. Have them gamble twice. if they hit 1 wound they reacitvate, Get collodi to heal them, Will them to do it again. Reactivate and do it again. if you are playing right your opponent is probably out of cards. I only wish it was  WP duel so that Widow Weaver would be pulling double....triple..quadra...ah hell it'd probably be too good if it was.

Tots seem to be my go to minions of choice when I play Neverborn. To be fair I've only played Lynch and Lilith so that says a lot! I've not gotten round to Lucius yet although Tots and Illuminated will no doubt make the cut should I ever bother playing him as Neverborn. 

Meanwhile on the Resser version of this thread

Belles, Nurses, Belles, Nurses, Belles, Nurses etc....

• Like 1

haha yes zfeind, still allows you to get off what...4-5 gamble for your life per turn. ;)

10 with strum the threads i believe.  4 Collodi "My Wills" then accomplice into 3 more from the fast stiched.  Then reactivate later in the turn for 3 more.  This is assuming it lives which is...shady at best.