McMourning without Transfusion

zFiend

When exploring the Poison theme, you should look to Mortimer thanks to Fling Rot. I'm hoping to try him out and move the crew around and mark the target for a Shikome/dog charge

He was there for Fling rot and for corpses. He didn't get a chance to Fling any rot though. Autopsies and Sebastian did the poison flinging just well.

As for the child he mainly walked and gave out fast. But it was good enough for that purpose alone. It gave a shikome fast for 4 turns I think. What I would like to try is give Sebastian his dog upgrade to get some dogs running and take advantage of the (1) AP charges as well.

Besides the very neatly painted story, did the Mal. Child bring something to the table?

Sweet Jebus yes. The malifaux child is a champ at getting fast out to the crew and spot healing. He only needs a 7 to land rigor mortis on a friendly model and he's at a +flip to do it. I honestly like him better then the vulture, but mostly because the vulture tends to die on me very early.

• Like 1

I actually think that in a more basic Nicodem build for me at least the Graveyard Spirit works like a king. But on a Poison Nicodem list, the Child is the go to totem. 

Graveyard spirit can pull a lot of weight as long as the opponent doesn't have anything that reduces armor. Otherwise he is a solid pairing with Izamu, Killjoy, or other nasty beater of your choice.

With that said, Child seems very solid with Nico with or without poison around!

So I had another chance to play Poison Nicodem today and man that list is really growing on me. 

I made small modifications to my previous list because I forgot my book at home as well as the Child. So I scrapped the Child and Spare Parts for another Autopsy and Reaper Grin. I went against a newish player playing Zoraida and well, he got slaughtered really. :P I did find a heart though (not my own) and I gave him Breakthrough and Deliver a message which were easily deniable with Mortimer and the rest of my crew since I was already looking at 9 VP anyway. 

Shikomes really work well with this build as you can summon and heal them up with Patchwork really easily, so turns 1-2 with the right cards you'll have the list on full effect. I didn't summon anything else all game. Nicodem just walked and gave fast to the Shikomes basically every turn. 

Autopsies share poison by shooting stuff. Rafkin moves closer and takes a charge if possible but just to remain within 6" for my Own Concoction to give +1 damage to poisoned targets. Shikomes try out Shrieking Challenge and if it goes through it's :+fate and +1 damage. So you are looking at a (1) AP charge, 2 more AP after that with :+fate on attack from Nicodem, +1 damage from Rafkin and possibly +1 damage from Adversary. Needless to say that results in some seriously dead models. Shikomes with wk6 and Flight easily find their targets and Autopsies with sh5 built in Infect and range 12" tag the targets with ease. '

Sebastian was killed quite fast so he didn't get to do anything much except take on the enemy AP. Rafkin remained alive this game which is a surprise. Also very much to my liking, two Autopsies died. Except my utterly immortal Autopsy who finished once again in the frontlines with full health! 

I am really digging this list. It gives a brand new twist to Nicodem and is a very different game from his usual summoning machine. 

EDIT: Also I was quite amused when I realized that what I've done is swap McMourning to Summoning duty and Nicodem on Poison duty. And they both perform and open very different playstyles. :D

What was the strategy in that game? Minimum damage 4 Shikomes who can be healed by Nico, charge for (1) ap, and attack either WP/Df is simply nasty.

I really like how the concept shapes out. Opponents will have to more or less choice whether they should go after Rafkin or Seb (or the Shikomes...), so they more or less have to pick their poison (pun not intended). There are so much passive damage in this crew that it isn't fair... I will have to get me a couple of dogs, Rafkin, and Seb soon...

• Like 1

Thank you for your input Tom.

Indeed you need to make a pick and best thing is, you kill the shikomes they come back. Kill rafkin and or Sebastian and they might turn into Punk Zombies or Hanged or something. So there's always the normal Nico bounce back.

I really love this list to death the more I play it and think about it. :)

Edit: strategy was Reconnoiter. With assassinate, deliver a message, Breakthrough and distract I think? I opted for deliver a message and assassinate because it's always fun to kill new masters. And to hear my opponent go "go ahead, attack my master you do it :-fate flips" "nah, I don't, I'm the motherf**king corpse conductor" :D

Exporting the poison theme to other models sounds fun. How do you reckon it is workable with Horror Molly? (Due to the lack of Shikome there)

Hm. I don't play Molly so I'm not sure how to go there. You can have rafkin and Sebastian there but I feel you'll miss on the huge punch the shikomes bring. Also Nicodem makes it worse with fast.

Also I was quite amused when I realized that what I've done is swap McMourning to Summoning duty and Nicodem on Poison duty. And they both perform and open very different playstyles. :D

I was going to point that out, and I'm very excited who you will be swapping next. Kirai for Entourage and Seamus as a Spirit herder?

Actually Seamus as a spirit herder has at least one funny interaction. Take Datsue-Ba, summon the seishin, they have the ability to be placed in base contact with Seamus. Teleportable LoS block! The just back alley out of dodge. :D

Huh... I always thought Seishin where Ht 1.. turns out they aren't! That's a really dirty trick!

Another thing I quite like with this concept is that besides the first turns Nico can save his high cards/stones for defence, higher damage, card drawing, etc. Really opens up what he does for the crew, also if the opponent attacks him (a tank to say the least); they aren't killing the other important models in the crew.

Another thing I quite like with this concept is that besides the first turns Nico can save his high cards/stones for defence, higher damage, card drawing, etc. Really opens up what he does for the crew, also if the opponent attacks him (a tank to say the least); they aren't killing the other important models in the crew.

Yeah and keep his buffs up high field. When he doesn't spend all the AP Summoning / giving fast.

Actually I think undead crowning might be an option for this kinda play. Give fast to one Shikome, walk up, Undead Crowning, Child gives fast to the other.

Shrieking Challenge on :+fate and damage on :+fate.. Hm.. :D

Oh, those days when we hit each other in the face with Dreamer vs Leve...

Ah the good old days.

"I'm sure my teddy is perfectly safe here, ready to cause mayhem next turn." Leveticus activates. "where the f**k did my Teddy disappear?"