Guild vs Ten Thunders 45 SS Fire vs Thunder

trikk

Hey,

So recently I played my third game of Malifaux against my friend. We played 45 SS (we only play with painted miniatures) and we were playing Guild vs Ten Thunders. Unfortunately I messed up a bit with my upgrades (illegal) but it had no input on the game.

Sonnia

Lead Lined Coat (Upss number 1)

Reincarnation

Cherufe`s Imprint

Samuel Hopkins

Badge of Office (Upps number 2)

2x Witchling Stalkers

Guardian

Hunter

Puryfying Flame

vs

Misaki

Stalking Bisento

Smoke and Shadows

Ototo

Call the Thunder

Dawn Serpent

Shang

3x Torakage

We played

Reconning + I had Assasinate + Round`em up

He had Assasinate + Kill Protege (Samuel Hopkins)

Turn 1

He wins the initiative. He walks forward with everything, drops a smoke bomb, Stalks Samuel.

Sonia gets Defensive Stance from Guardian and manages to hit a Torakage with 3 and Misaki with 2 dmg. Shang heals Misaki. (I have a Red Joker on my hand)

Turn 2

I reflip the initiative and win. Sonnia unleashes fury- 3 shots burn and kill a Torakage, Shang and do 8 dmg to Ototo (managing to create a Witchling Stalker of off the Torakage`s dead body). This scores me 1 VP. Misaki manages to jump into Sonnia and deal 3 dmg, Dawn Serpent deals 4 dmg to a Stalker. The Guardian activates and heals 2 dmg off Sonnia. Samuel Hopkins continues to dissapoint me (he didn`t move the whole game due to stalk and rapid fires a torakage and deals 3 dmg in 3 shots). The Torakage wounded in turn 1 kills off a wounded stalker, ototo kills the summoned one. Misaki gets bashed for 4 dmg by various things.

1:1

Turn 3

I reflip the initiative again and get an 11. Sonnia finishes off a wounded Torakage, fires at Misaki, gets a low dmg with first shot and fires again... I get a neutral flip, and cheat the red joker for dmg. Misaki is dead, Ototo is on hard to wound and my opponent concedes as this turn he has a 1W Ototo, the Dawn Serpent and 3 W Torakage in for a beating.

This is the first game I actually had good damage with Sonnia and didn`t get shot to bits. My previous games vs Ophelia and Perdita showed me I need some sort of defensive stats.... after the Sniper LaCroix hit me for 8 dmg in first activation ;). So right now I`m picking up the Guardian (I don`t want Family in my Guild) and then I`m thinking about Lawyering up....

Next time I`ll try to make some pictures as we are doing full paint on a painted table and some of you might want to see them

Cheers,

Post Game I told my opponent about the mess with upgrades but since I didn`t use any we agreed that the score is as it was. I need the Guild Arsenal Wave 1 deck... GIB IT TO ME WYRD!

• Like 2

Nice little report. Few pointers:

Don't say you cheat initiative. That confuses new players easily. It's a reflip, unless you you really can cheat.

Samael is difficult to use right. Hold him back too much and he can't do his main thing: damage. Commit and he dies. Just use him more often, you will find the balance.

No Family is boo!

I suggest adding Francisco, Papa Loco, and a Death Marshall. Franc makes Sonnia durable and is a melee monster, Papa Loco gives Sonnia positive twists to damage making her death incarnate and Death Marshall boxes Papa Loco to have Sonnia retain the buff indefinitely and to protect Papa in order to deliver him to the enemy.

What?

• Like 1

Yep,

Only Family models I might buy is Pistoleros de Latigo. In this game Sonnia blasted almost the whole enemy gang to bits, so I think the Papa Loco SS can be spent a lot better. 

Sam can hit hard, but usually he either is out of range/LOS, or Wds. I might run him with as a countercharger, but 9-11 SS seems like much, especialy that you have to get the burning on to deal real damage.

I don`t have the rifleman and I`m reaaaaly waiting for the new Handler model ;)

Got some more stuff this week (Lucas, Lucius, Lone Marshall, Malifaux Child), so I might be replacing the guardian with a lawyer and Hard to wound Sonnia and Sam