Mexican Standoff: Guild vs Resurrectionists

Dirial

Next time you do, he will turn you into a Gremlin.

Ah, the noblest of creatures.

I'm half of a mind to organize a Mexican standoff of my own: Gremlins against the rest. Six players per side with the "rest" side having one player for each of the remaining factions. But I'm way too busy currently to organize such a thing - maybe later :)

• Like 1

Ah, the noblest of creatures.

I'm half of a mind to organize a Mexican standoff of my own: Gremlins against the rest. Six players per side with the "rest" side having one player for each of the remaining factions. But I'm way too busy currently to organize such a thing - maybe later :)

Sounds cool! Great idea. Might turned them into a real faction for more people.

It is not worse than anything else. I mean how is that worse than all the bs Ressers can pull off?

You would need to ask that from the other guys here. :P 

Reckless and (1)AP charges on the same model.  Whoever let that passed playtesting is a tool!

This I gotta agree with. 

• Like 1

Everything just hits you once and dies. Nothing comes back. I'll take that over Resser any day.

I think the Gremlins are very nasty against beginners and generally on the high end of the power curve but against other good crews and experienced players they aren't worse than anything else, really. But what ZFiend is referring to is that our meta is kinda in its infancy and there are only a few people I could really play against with my Gremlins in Mexican Standoff mode (maximizing VP difference).

But what ZFiend is referring to is that our meta is kinda in its infancy and there are only a few people I could really play against with my Gremlins in Mexican Standoff mode (maximizing VP difference).

You do know I am not one of those people as our "serious" games never go past turn 2. :P 

If it is about Gremlins being a real faction, then it's serious business!

Okay, I'll give you that.

If I joined in and played against Gremlins, I'd probably play my wife. Doesn't get more serious than that.

I think I could deal with the drunken potty humor aesthetic of the Gremlins if they weren't also slightly out of whack balance wise. As it is they give a real impression of being better than everybody else without even trying that I kind of object to...

As for their supposed fragility... They've got as many wounds as most Guild models and their Df isn't any lower on average and while their Wp is lower that really only comes into play against Neverborn/Ressurs. And they have by far the most access to healing of any faction in the game to make up for any incidental damage they do to themselves. And that's just the little gremlins. The big pigs and masters are no easier to take out than any other faction's big stuff and the pigs hit harder than pretty much anything in the game between their (1) charge and trigger to charge another model.

As a primary Guild player I am biased, but I really don't think there's anything Guild does that Gremlins don't do better - or at least way more times a turn.

Of course, they are still way more balanced than anything GW has produced in the last decade (at least).

• Like 3