Gaining Grounds 2015 rules question

Sholto

Question

Collect The Bounty states:-

"Whenever an enemy model is killed or sacrificed, the acting model's controller scores a number of Bounty Points depending on the type of model which was killed or sacrificed."

Does this mean that whenever an enemy model dies you get a Bounty Point? Some people have been playing it this way.

I think it might be a bit more nuanced. The way I read that is that only the "acting model's controller" can score points at the moment a model dies. So if I am eg. controlling Killjoy and kill an enemy Marcus I get Bounty Points. However, if Marcus hits Killjoy and is killed by Black Blood then the "acting model's controller" is Marcus' controller. Marcus is not an enemy model to Marcus, so no Bounty points are scored by anyone.

This would mean, of course, that Poison and Burning also cannot score any Bounty Points (and not even the Firestarter's ability to claim kills through Burning could change that).

9 answers to this question

Does it matter? The same player is controlling both

It does as if you obey an enemy model to kill another enemy model the obeyed model will count the killed model as friendly. So if the obeyed model is the active model no bounty points will be scored. If it is the model with obey then points will be scored.

It does as if you obey an enemy model to kill another enemy model the obeyed model will count the killed model as friendly. So if the obeyed model is the active model no bounty points will be scored. If it is the model with obey then points will be scored.

The model is still an enemy from the point of view of the acting model's controller though.