Thoughts on Zoraida as a Gremlin master?

Rage

I've been diving back into Malifaux after a semi-long hiatus (Hadn't played since summer, started again a month ago), and am working on getting my Gremlins ready for Breaching the Faux (breachingthefaux.com). I enjoy tackling crews from a different direction, and running my Gremlins with Zoraida piqued my interest right away (Well, almost. Brewmaster is still my #1, but I don't know if he'll be out by May).

That said, I'm having a rough time getting ideas on what non-Neverborn models work best with her, between Gremlins, Mercenaries, and WP4. Any thoughts? Hints? Tips? Just the tips?

Alongside that, for BtF, each player declares a faction, and you make your crew for each scenario (mostly 35SS, 1 50SS). I've declared Gremlins, and have been working on painting Gremlins, plus Zoraida and some of the fun Swampfiend models. Any other non-Gremlin models I should include? 

Cheers!

Obeying Pigs around is nice since they can charge for one AP. Zoraida also makes it easier to control them since she can Obey around models to make sure that the Pigs stay under (relative) control.

Other than that she doesn't have much in the way of direct synergies so likes essentially everything in the Gremlins faction. Expensive beatsticks are nice to Obey around, naturally.

Nurses are prolly the best Wp 4 models that she can hire as Mercenaries. Highly recommended. They are extremely versatile and work well with the Voodoo Doll.

As for Swampfiends, Waldgeists are nice in that they offer something the Gremlins usually lack: staying power. Excellent for Squatter's Rights. And Silurids make many Schemes utterly trivial. Gremlins are naturally fast so don't need the Silurids quite as much as most other Factions but they are amazing models so should not be overlooked.

I tried out nurse with zoraida and i know what she can do on paper but i feel so crippled with a nurse. She do it best to hang close to zoraida and wait for hem but my opponents go around it with not to much effort. Im lucky if i get 1 good nurse condition on the dolls when hemed with an "ok" target. Latley i been playing without a nurse and to be able to move anywhere and not feel as restricted makes it for a more fun gameplay. Im not saying its bad but i limit myself to hit the combo so much so it effect the rest of the crews positions also

I tried out nurse with zoraida and i know what she can do on paper but i feel so crippled with a nurse. She do it best to hang close to zoraida and wait for hem but my opponents go around it with not to much effort. Im lucky if i get 1 good nurse condition on the dolls when hemed with an "ok" target. Latley i been playing without a nurse and to be able to move anywhere and not feel as restricted makes it for a more fun gameplay. Im not saying its bad but i limit myself to hit the combo so much so it effect the rest of the crews positions also

I don't like the voodoo doll, and I still like the Nurse with Zoraida.

Giving Zoraida a 1 ap Full heal can be wonderful, and the nurse had a huge range of options for her crew.

gremlins as a faction are rife with 3 AP models. Making those AP better is what the Nurse does. Letting the rooster rider walk 8" and then dropping a Claim marker, or 16" and dropping a scheme can be gaming winning.

Even 3 banjo bashes from a gremlin on a 3/4/5 damage profile is worth her cost.

Abusing Hem, when it works, is very powerful, but I'm almost never going to let you hem a signifigant target if I'me worried about it.

I never done gremlin zoraida before so my nurse experience is just from neverborn. And the times i tried nurse there my mistake was allways hold on her activation for a maybe doll hem And if that never came the nurse just moved and waited for next chans. It was a while ago last time i tried it and i would use her more today then just wait for combo. I will try it again this weekend and see if i feel better with her now. :)

want the rooster riders before i try gremlin zoraida