Moving to the UK, anything near Guildford?

DeleteAccount

There was a bunch of Guildford players. I can't remember seeing them for a year or so, but they didn't have much of a board presence ever. The general games scene in guildford was pretty good. A lot of it was based around the university and ex students (at least 5 years ago when I was last living there) but with otehr clubs as well.

Pub faux last year was hosted in Woking (and Smogcon was in Guildford) so I think there should still be local games going on.

Enjoy, and hope to see you at some of the events in the south, London is only a 30 min train away...

Oh Csonti, sine you won the vassal league you have been insufferable :D

Thanks Adran and  Barnaberible, I'll be on the lookout for all 3 scenarios (Guildford itself, southern events and London). Though I still have to go through the basics of actually getting a flat going, not get fired and bring my pretty toys over. Hope it doesn't take me long to get installed and start looking for some place to game.

I don't know If I'll be established enough at that date and with my models with me, but I'll certainly keep the date in mind, thanks for the proposal.

No models required for Salute - they'll be 6-8 demo crews available, or just come along for a chat.

It's mainly a show about retail, so lots of lovely stuff to draw out pounds from your pockets! http://www.salute.co.uk/

Hi Raz, there are about 6/7 of us around the Chessington area that meet (not necessarily together each time) for gaming and share cars to events etc. We're also trying to do one session a month or so where we all turn up. In fact we had 10 last time. Chessington is about 20 minutes from Guildford down the A3 and i'm happy to hop there for a game too. 

Keep it in mind.

Also, I purchases some models from a chap in Guildford and while he said they had a group that met in Guildford, they didn't really venture out. A church if I recall.

Anyway, if you fancy a game, PM me. Happy to host or travel.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've had my first week here and I'm starting to get the hang of things. I have noticed that going to the Dark Sphere is economic murder for me at 15 pounds the trip to and back on a single day, so if there is a cheaper way to go once a week or so, by god, somebody please share that with me. I've also checked a bit the Chessington area but it seems the trains I have access to take around 90 minutes to go there and I certainly don't expect to have a car in the foreseeable future. Am I supposed to assume that the UK is a really car heavy region then? I'm used to Madrid where public transport pretty much worked for everything and was certainly not breaking the bank, so I'm a bit unsure of if there are better ways to move around.

Basically what the title says. I'll be moving to work and live shortly to the UK and I wanted to know if there was any form of play near the Guildford area. Thanks for any help.

Raz I saw you had some change about to happen on the doll's house, now who's gonna run the Spanish malifaux nationals?