Rooster Rider

wobbly_goggy

Also what's the deal with Slop Haulers? They're just toned down versions of 1st ed ones....?

They are amazing models even without considering their healing abilities. 5SS gets you a model with three AP, nice attacks with a tremendously good debuff, Bayou Two-card and an insane Cg stat. Add to that their healing and they really are competing with Nurse for the title of the best 5SS model in the game.

Compare them to a Bayou Gator (forgetting about the healing ability) and it's just sad how bad the Gator looks.

Is Perdita's Df making you sad? Throw Slop on a (friendly) model next to Perdita, hit the Trigger and lower her Df to 4.

Oh, and as an added bonus, they are possibly the best healers in the game. In a Faction that gains bonuses by hurting themselves.

• Like 1

Well I would beg to differ about how bad the Gator looks (even when forgetting about the healing of the Hauler).  A double focus can get the required Crow and eat anything. I once ate Pandora with that and it was hilarious, now where is Asrian with the rest of the story?

Sure, I'm not saying that Gator is utterly worthless but I do think that the end-of-beta-n€rfs made it pretty bad when compared to the Hauler. The instakill and Paralyze things are it's saving grace, in a way, but OTOH it's even more squishy than the Hauler and Insignificant.

I would personally opt for a Slop Hauler, Rooster Rider, or Bug almost every time over the Gator (Swampfiend can be nice in some situations, though).

Not sure it is really more squishy, same Df and 1 more wound and it doesn't have to hurt itself to get 3AP. I think it is comparable to the Hauler it is just built to kill things by itself. Now the Bugs OTOH are better in every way than the Hauler and Gator. AFAIK they are the best 5 point models*.

*Yes even better than Belles

• Like 1

Not sure it is really more squishy, same Df and 1 more wound and it doesn't have to hurt itself to get 3AP.

No Bayou Two Card (huge!), no Squeel and no Heal. They are a lot more squishy.

Now the Bugs OTOH are better in every way than the Hauler and Gator. AFAIK they are the best 5 point models*.

*Yes even better than Belles

Nurses are the best 5SS model. Bugs are similarly card intensive but with nowhere near the payout. Though naturally Bugs are a lot better at doing Schemes. Belles I would also rate better than Bugs since they are so self-reliant when it comes to resources.

I guess I have to read the Bugs again if they are held in such a regard.

But are bugs that universal? Say a Slop Hauler fits well in all the Gremlin lists. Just like a nurse / belle fits in all the Rezzer lists. Is this true with the bugs as well?

They are amazing models even without considering their healing abilities. 5SS gets you a model with three AP, nice attacks with a tremendously good debuff, Bayou Two-card and an insane Cg stat. Add to that their healing and they really are competing with Nurse for the title of the best 5SS model in the game.

Compare them to a Bayou Gator (forgetting about the healing ability) and it's just sad how bad the Gator looks.

Is Perdita's Df making you sad? Throw Slop on a (friendly) model next to Perdita, hit the Trigger and lower her Df to 4.

Oh, and as an added bonus, they are possibly the best healers in the game. In a Faction that gains bonuses by hurting themselves.

Yeah I know all this, but this isn't a new thing, they were like this in 1st ed, but everyone seems to be acting like this is something new? Maybe I'm missing something?

They've lost the 'Swing round real fast' or whatever it was called that pushed models away which was also incredibly useful though.

Yeah I know all this, but this isn't a new thing, they were like this in 1st ed, but everyone seems to be acting like this is something new? Maybe I'm missing something?

They've lost the 'Swing round real fast' or whatever it was called that pushed models away which was also incredibly useful though.

Making comparisons between editions is rather difficult. The Gremlins are far more well-rounded this time around and are a proper faction. I loved the Slop Haulers back then and I love them now.

OTOH One could argue that since the design principles are quite different between the two editions, the fact that Slop Haulers are so close to their old selves is, in itself, worthy of glorious celebrations by the Gremlins and envious derision from the lesser factions. ;)

• Like 2

Making comparisons between editions is rather difficult. The Gremlins are far more well-rounded this time around and are a proper faction. I loved the Slop Haulers back then and I love them now.

OTOH One could argue that since the design principles are quite different between the two editions, the fact that Slop Haulers are so close to their old selves is, in itself, worthy of glorious celebrations by the Gremlins and envious derision from the lesser factions. ;)

Agreed. It would also like Lady Justice with Ml 11 back, and Dita with built-in Df 8. It would be glorious.

Well I would beg to differ about how bad the Gator looks (even when forgetting about the healing of the Hauler).  A double focus can get the required Crow and eat anything. I once ate Pandora with that and it was hilarious, now where is Asrian with the rest of the story?

Yes, yes. Gators and McTavish basically hunted down Pandora, who was trying to get to the other side of the map to score as well as the hell away from the bayou party they were trying to throw for her. Last activation of the game Rgarbonzo decided to say screw it, charged in a gator, and promptly got off a severe and one shotted a full health Pandora. It was glorious and painfully humorous to witness.  :D

• Like 2

Okay what are the draws that people see in bugs? I always found with DF5, WD6 and no real defensive abilities they tend to do fast.Their damage ignores armour which is nice, but a lot of other Gremlin models have longer shooting that hits harder and their 0 really forces you to be very close to the enemy or to bunch your models up (not to mention they are card heavy).

The consistent damage output does it for me, Ca 6, only needing to draw 'cause I'm not worried about moderate or severe damage, ignoring armour, incorporeal and to an extent, hard to wound. I rarely use their (0) (although the threat of it may deter enemies), or other abilities but also I'm rarely disappointed with them

No, slop haulers are overrated, I take bugs over haulers all the time and I'm never dissapointed

Really? Now this is new.. :D 

I need to read them over again. But they suffer from the same, no models, no interest for me. A few gremlins I have converted myself but as I'm not really good at that I only convert the essentials such as Trixie and Sammy. :P 

See it really depends on what you want to do. LITL Auras stack so you can get everyone within 6" up to +6 :mask for an attack or -6 :tome. If you have a lot of :mask in your hand this makes everything more reliable to hit. Not to mention they are more reliable anyway with ignoring Armor (lookin' at you Arcanists and Hoffman) and Incorporeal. Their use is more universal and since they are cheap you can combo them with a Hauler to maximize effectiveness.  

"Ze healing is not as rewarding as ze hurting". Not sure if anyone will get that.

Maybe I should take a leaf from Malal's book. I feel like Slophaulers slow the crew down a fair bit, even with Reckless (4" move, then heal). You can Saddle, Toss etc. but that of course means no carting Lenny about or launching Francois into someone's face.

I still love them, but I can remember games where they just weren't ideal and that's not a complaint.