Leveticus newbie!

rvdbarnes

As a new player decide to concentrate on either Pariah of Iron, or Bone.  Pick up the key models for that.  Except for Ashes and Dust.  Just get him.

For Iron get 2 of the following: Mechanical Rider, Teddy, Lazarus (just a good buy period, can always be used) or Ryle

For Bone get 2 of the following: Yin the Penangalan, Izamu the Armor, Madame Sybelle.  Then get Rotten Belles no matter what you picked.

That is what I would tell a new Levi player.  Obviously there is a ton of options to go from there.

As a new player decide to concentrate on either Pariah of Iron, or Bone.  Pick up the key models for that.  Except for Ashes and Dust.  Just get him.

For Iron get 2 of the following: Mechanical Rider, Teddy, Lazarus (just a good buy period, can always be used) or Ryle

For Bone get 2 of the following: Yin the Penangalan, Izamu the Armor, Madame Sybelle.  Then get Rotten Belles no matter what you picked.

That is what I would tell a new Levi player.  Obviously there is a ton of options to go from there.

i'm a new Levi player too....

can i ask you to explain how of your choises??

looking on the upgrade cards, there are a lot of use for the scrap markers, this don't make pariah of iron more usefull in combination with the constructs and so the scrap markers?

Sure.

Mechanical Rider - Summons Metal Gamin (or whatever, I just use those) for board control and Levi sacrificing to get cards.  Also just a beast.

Teddy - A beast all around.  Bonus points with metal gamin to give him def 6.

Lazarus - Can be hired without either Pariah.  Auto fire ranged attack with good damage and blasts, two 0 actions that are great

Ryle - Great melee, great gun, can heal himself and other constructs.  Hard to go wrong here.

Yin - Gnawing fear combos amazing with Levi ranged assassination.  The built in trigger on his ranged giving out no walk/charge is also great.  Very survivable.

Izamu - The undead beat stick.  Give him scramble for 5 walk/8 charge and unimpeded and let him go. 

Madame Sybelle - Decent ranged and melee.  Gets belles wherever you want them.  Also loves the scramble upgrade.

That's correct, they're both only in metal for now.

d'oh!

so probably i will go on the lazarus+yin mode

this set up could be intresing?:

Leveticus

5 SS

Desolate Soul

Pariah of Bone

Rusty A

From the Aether

Abomination

Abomination

Abomination

Lazarus

Yin

for 50 points

For which strategy? Fixed lists don't work so well in this game.

Not a bad list for a beginner game, though.

i'm thinking about ranged control.

the combo with yin+Desolate Soul could be intresting about summon more abomination and so summon the engine in nice placement.

the lazarus work well for me with abominations, he could receive damages for drawing cards and than heal himself, or deal damages too ever for drawing.

and rusty, lazaru and yin are good for the leveticus respawn, so i can control 3 zones with him, and replace on the field levy very fast.

3 abominations cause i love them and want to draw a lot of cards the first turn, so i could draw 4 cards thanks to their ability and lazarus mimic, and other 2 for the levy sacrifice!

Hi,

being intrested in Leveticus too, I just want to ask wether the University of Transmortis is a good addition to Leveticus or not. I already own Ryle and 2 Teddies, and I really like the look of all those University of Transmortis models.

The models visual style fits like a glove. The University is a bit controversial as the Iron Zombies are good against specific models so get a lot better if you can summon them midgame. Still, they are good models, and their ability to supress triggers can be golden against some models (looking at you, Riders). Also, good models to anchor Waifs.

i'm thinking about ranged control.

the combo with yin+Desolate Soul could be intresting about summon more abomination and so summon the engine in nice placement.

the lazarus work well for me with abominations, he could receive damages for drawing cards and than heal himself, or deal damages too ever for drawing.

and rusty, lazaru and yin are good for the leveticus respawn, so i can control 3 zones with him, and replace on the field levy very fast.

3 abominations cause i love them and want to draw a lot of cards the first turn, so i could draw 4 cards thanks to their ability and lazarus mimic, and other 2 for the levy sacrifice!

What I meant was: How do you plan to win the game? See, in Malifaux, lists are built after you know what the victory conditions will be and how the board looks, and what your opponent will play. Those facts might change a list. For example, if the board has good LoS and the opponent declares Guild, you might want some anti-shooting tech, or you might lose models fast. Thus, a fixed list can be a trap.

It's a good way for beginners to plan their shopping list, but a bad way to play if you like winning.

What I meant was: How do you plan to win the game? See, in Malifaux, lists are built after you know what the victory conditions will be and how the board looks, and what your opponent will play. Those facts might change a list. For example, if the board has good LoS and the opponent declares Guild, you might want some anti-shooting tech, or you might lose models fast. Thus, a fixed list can be a trap.

It's a good way for beginners to plan their shopping list, but a bad way to play if you like winning.

oh i was missing that part of course!

understood what you said!

thank you  ;)

I somewhat disagree here. In my opinion that sentence is contradictory because you are

(1) either a beginner, in which case you wouldn´t really benefit from the special army selection rules Malifaux offers due to the fact that you don´t know what works best in that certain environment;

(2) or a person who knows what models to choose given that specific combination of opponent, table, strategy and schemes, but you aren´t a beginner then.

Therefore I highly recommend to start with a given set of models and play as much as you can to get an idea what works under what conditions. That way you will be able to use the special army selection rules of Malifaux to their fullest effect somewhere in the future and really have a chance to use this to increase your chances of "winning".

I somewhat disagree here. In my opinion that sentence is contradictory because you are

(1) either a beginner, in which case you wouldn´t really benefit from the special army selection rules Malifaux offers due to the fact that you don´t know what works best in that certain environment;

(2) or a person who knows what models to choose given that specific combination of opponent, table, strategy and schemes, but you aren´t a beginner then.

Therefore I highly recommend to start with a given set of models and play as much as you can to get an idea what works under what conditions. That way you will be able to use the special army selection rules of Malifaux to their fullest effect somewhere in the future and really have a chance to use this to increase your chances of "winning".

Why is that contradictory? That's exactly what I meant! Just longer and expressed better.

Look, I just wanted to make sure that any beginners in Malifaux get their hang-ups from other games out of their head.