Tara or Daw for Next Master

asrian

Tara or Jack Daw  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm trying to decide who to start as my next Master. I'm coming from Neverborn where I play all the Masters except Lucius and have decided to go with Outcasts. I have all the Outcast Masters (and proxies for a Jack Daw crew) in a box, but can't decide who to use. Of the Masters, the two that interest me the most are Tara and Jack Daw. I know how they each work, having played against them multiple times and having read all the information I can on each.

Basically, I'm just curious as to others' suggestions and reasons, taking into account that I'm pretty focused once I start a Master and will play them pretty solidly for 10+ games, no matter the Strat/Schemes to find out how they function in any given situation. What do you suggest?

I haven't played against Jack. I have played against Tara though. It was a good game, but they did seem like kind of a one trick-pony kind of crew. Maybe my opponent was just still getting the hang of her, who knows. Was fun though.

Jack Daw's art and his crew look a whole lot cooler though. and since the painting is such a big part of it for me, they get my vote. =]

I'll chime in for Tara. She's great fun and very different to many other Masters. Daw seems to have his thing going for him but it seems like a bunch of movement tricks and throwing some upgrades / curses around amongst other things. Well Neverborn do movement tricks better than most so I voted Tara so you can try something a little different. 

What I know of you, you really want to start Tara and her prison shower tricks. :P

Unfortunately, we're all out of whips though here at Shawshank. :(

And that she is a foot in to the Ressers is not a factor at all....

Yeah, that wouldn't be his motivation at all. It doesn't help that in anticipation of playing these two masters (and owning Hamelin with 3 Crooligans & 2 Canine Remains for options) I sold off an entire WHFB High Elf army and used the funds to pick up the entire Outcast faction as well as everything on Karina's Summoning card and all Tormented Models...so, Umm, I'm already 40+ models into Ressers and two masters (needed nurses, so just bought McMourning's box for them to use with Jack Daw and Zoraida). 

Father Dirial. Would you like to take my confession? For I have sinned... :D

Well, Hoffman I could do eventually. I have an Undead Justice set I won on Ebay that will be used for my Proxy Jack Daw crew (Justice = Lady Legaei, Judge = Montressor, 3 Death Marshals & pewter Scales = potential 4 Guilty), and someone gave me a pewter Papa Loco for free when I was doing a trade for something else as they didn't want him. :P

Well, Hoffman I could do eventually. I have an Undead Justice set I won on Ebay that will be used for my Proxy Jack Daw crew (Justice = Lady Legaei, Judge = Montressor, 3 Death Marshals & pewter Scales = potential 4 Guilty), and someone gave me a pewter Papa Loco for free when I was doing a trade for something else as they didn't want him. :P

You are DOOMED! DOOMED!

Ok. I took the votes and suggestions and decided to go with Jack Daw. I plan to do Tara 2nd. The other reason I went with them in that order is my Jack Daw crew is being made from an Undead Justice box set as I mentioned above. So, painting them first (along with some tormented such as Drowned) means I'll already have Death Marshals and Drowned painted for the Tara crew, and Karina to summon, once I move on to her, so less to do then.

Thanks again for the input.

• Like 1

You have made a grave error on this one. :P

No kidding. I'm now the owner of 57 Resser models. I have all the Tormented for Jack Daw, all the Karina Summons. This also gave me all the Molly summons, so bought Molly + Necrotic Machine, her totem, on ebay, McMourning crew for nurses, canines and crooligans for my Hamelin crew, flesh construct for Mcmourning, Seamus box to compliment Molly, and Necropunks and Bete Noire just because. Hell, minus Rogue Necromancy (plastic isn't public release yet) I own more than 1/2 the Resser faction. 

Have you ever seen the movie Requiem For A Dream? It's what I feel like now. The "protagonists" start off as carefree kids who are heroine addicts. They keep trying to turn their life around, but every time they do it only gets worse for them, and every choice they make just leads them further down the rabbit hole.

Basically, the movie starts them off at rock bottom, finds a shovel, and digs from there. That's what I now realize is my life with Malifaux and your putrid Ressers. :P

I offered you salvation, but you chose the DOOOOM!

Well, if it makes you feel any better, buying those I listed meant I now also own: Lucius (for Neverborn), McCabe (for Ten Thunders), McMourning (for Ressers), and Undead Justice (for Outcast Jack Daw Proxy). So really, I just need to pick up a few Guild Riflemen, Austringers, and Francisco, and I basically have multiple solid Guild Crews. :D