Let's talk low wounds models

Whut

I've been looking at Coryphee a lot lately and they look VERY impressive. However, at the same time I'm struggling to actually take the step to take them in a list for one key reason: 4 wounds. Even with the + built in and armor 2, I'm just so scared that someone will either walk up and smack one with an armor ignoring attack, or a sniper will just focus and cheat in 6 damage, killing it outright. I actually get a similar sniper fear when thinking of Oxfordian mages and silent ones (less so). Especially against Gremlins and Seamus and such, that's super scary to lose a 6 or 7 point model (and an activation) to a 1-2 AP shot.

Can people share their experiences and tactics on this subject? Is this fear rational?

This fear is only rational if you never intend to form Voltron, i.e the duet. They are amazing models that come with Armor, something that is hard but not impossible to get thorugh. The fact that they can dance together tends to make them even more of a threat after they scored you some Vp. its something you have to get on the table and just play with. If your getting them shoot off the table early your doing it wrong.

When you use, then, you need to be aware of their weakness, and play accordingly. If the opponet has a sniper, then keep cover and a high card, your positive Df and higher natural Df should keep you safe from the 1 shot they have, especially if you are prepared to cheat to protect them (And the chances are they will cheat first).

If there are armour ignoring modles out there, don't put the corephyee up against them. Buit they have the speed to laregly dictate what engagements thy get involved in.

They aren't the model to run blindly into the middle of the table and live to the end of the game, but used wisely they are very good.

Know their weakness, and use accordly, and they will last you a lifetime. ( actual lifetime may very. manufacture will use your corephyee to deteremine lifetime length. Removal of this note invalifdates warentee)

So you would say they are still always worth taking? Is there any faction/crew against which you would never use them? Or any that they would be better off against? Is there any scheme that they make much easier to achieve?

What about the Oxfordian mage and silent one I mentioned earlier? I'm always worried they would get downed quickly by a single high damage attack, or in the case of the Mage, he will be left without a target once combat hits (Unless you take blood ward, but then you don't get the tome from nemesis ward so what is the point?)

What about the Oxfordian mage and silent one I mentioned earlier? I'm always worried they would get downed quickly by a single high damage attack,

They are ranged models which makes it easier to protect them from such (since single high damage attack usually requires Focusing which means that the model doing the attack won't be as fast as it otherwise would be).

or in the case of the Mage, he will be left without a target once combat hits (Unless you take blood ward, but then you don't get the tome from nemesis ward so what is the point?)

This is a problem for a great many models but they are still worth it. Often you can push enemy models out of engagement or there are juicy targets left elsewhere or, sadly, the enemy kills your model and is then freed from engagement.