January FAQ/errata

Justin

Question

Thanks for adding stacking actions that aren't conditions. Though just a quick question, After damaging triggers happen at the same timeslot as after succeeding triggers, right? The Violation of magic ruling kind of make me wonder if they were different timings.

They are not.

Cool, this answered all of my doubts, quite accurately the way I figured they worked :)

The part that surprises me most is that not only Flying and Incorporeal can treat Impassable Markers as terrain, but also every other model: is there any new possible interaction with Ice Pillars and Flame Walls that comes out from this?

Oh, so Samael can use Sonnia's flame wall as the terrain that triggers the fire?! NASTY!

Darn agreed, everything that makes Sonnia, and that particular Samael's Burning +4, even more effective is NASTY!

p.s. For Plant Evidence purposes, they don't count as terrain, if they're on the table when scoring VP, right?

• Like 1

Well, Sonnia got a bit different, but it's cool.

Little bummed that the Slug/Ricochet issue wasn't resolved, as I still don't know how to play that.

Have I recently said what a great service these frequent FAQ documents are? Because they are!

Darn agreed, everything that makes Sonnia, and that particular Samael's Burning +4, even more effective is NASTY!

p.s. For Plant Evidence purposes, they don't count as terrain, if they're on the table when scoring VP, right?

R4st4f4n, this is just my take on it, but I would say no. This is because, to me, you define terrain at the beginning of the game, at during that time you and your opponent would also come to agreement as to what could be potentially scoring terrain for purposes of things like Plant Evidence (My opponents and I always do anyway). As the Pillars, or Lilith/Waldgeist forest etc., aren't on the board at the start, they wouldn't be valid, nor would any after-the-start placed terrain markers.

As I said, that's just the way I see it, though.

....and Sam just made it back into my Criid crew.

Considering how Sam can only Burn out targets within 1" of terrain and the fact that flame pillars can't be placed within 1" of a model, this FAQ really shouldn't make a difference when considering if one should bring Sam along. (Answer is no.)

Considering how Sam can only Burn out targets within 1" of terrain and the fact that flame pillars can't be placed within 1" of a model, this FAQ really shouldn't make a difference when considering if one should bring Sam along. (Answer is no.)

Not exactly true. Pillars must be placed AT LEAST 1" from a model while Burn Them Out needs WITHIN 1". So you can place the Pillar exactly 1" from a model and still be within 1".

Maybe for you, but I'm brining him. Placing the pillars 1" away from a model means that model is 1" away from terrain.