Old .vs. New Piglets, and how many is enough?

Kapten Vendetta

Firstly: I have never played Gremlins. Not once, and never faced them either.

Now then:

HI all, just got myself some old-school metal piglets, and they sure look like pruneish lumps of bacon if there ever was such a thing.

Has anyone been able to compare the new ones to them oldies? Difference in size/look etc.

It seems the new ones are vastly superior, apart from vastly more adorable (naah! little wittle piggies!!1!). Will it look to odd to mix 'em with the new ones when they're released into the wild?

Also:

For you dedicated hoggers out there: how many is enough? Would the old(3) and the new(3) with an old piglet and new one from the Hog Whisperers for a grand total of 8 piggies be enough, even in a dedicated Ulix/The Sow hogfactory? What is your experience?

Eight is certainly enough! You can probably make do with four in most normal cases. Summoning with Ulix and the Sow is somewhat resource intensive and the Sow is so wonderfully destructive that you likely won't focus on Summoning too much.

As for mixing the old with the new - well, the old ones certainly have their own aesthetic. To be polite.

OTOH I like the fact that they don't look like normal earth-side piglets (who are just sorta randomly more dangerous than professional guardsmen when it comes to combat). Don't get me wrong, I do like the new Piglets, I just hoped that they would be somehow "wyrd".

Anyway, mixing them up - well, it is going to look a bit weird. I don't really see a problem and since you most likely won't be using more than four most of the time so it won't really be a problem. I wouldn't suggest buying extra boxes of the plastic Piglets.

Or you could make the old ones into Stuffed versions (they certainly look somewhat Undead) by adding explosives to them. Or give them wings and maybe a proboscis and then use them as Skeeters.

...maybe mount them on hellscape bases with snow on top?

Now that Never Happen is back in the game on the Taxidermist I have been toying with the idea of re-working my piglets. Rare Earth Magnets and some Reaper demon wings should create a nice visual aid for which ones are flying during the turn.

That would be great! :D

I want to do some as balloons, have the warpig suspended in the air swelled up as an air balloon with a gremlin sitting in the basket below with a rifle, probably the Gremlin with the pipe and top hat.

The Piglets could follow suit as balloons with young gremlins being dragged along or just floating lazily along the bayou. 

Always thought if they had wings they would be mammalian wings more like bats.